Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Well, I can tell you this for sure. They had better update my Goat Simulator before they work on this or there will be #$#$!! to pay. I have been waiting forever to get the new updated goats!!

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Any developer at FSExpo this weekend who can't add anything to Microsoft's new FlightSim... 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

PMDG Flamingos, $89

Flamingo chick expansion, $29.99
:laugh:

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Best bet if this is true it will be made available sometime around the release of the new console even though it will be on PC.

--Sean Hart

THE KING RETURNS!!!  😄

• Upvote 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

8 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

PMDG Flamingos, $89

Problem is they relied on Orbx FlamingoFlow (tm).  That's why we'll need the Flamingo add-ons.

• Like 1

MS finally has people animated. LAX, NY, Seattle, etc looks amazing as well.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

4 minutes ago, Toktok said:

MS finally has people animated. LAX, NY, Seattle, etc looks amazing as well.

There is a bunch of clutter at the airport as well.

What if they were working with developers for many years behind closed doors? Aerosoft did mention a while back they were working on a secret project and upon checking their forums work finished a few days ago coincidence? Is that the Aerosoft Airbus and Orbx Australia v2 in the trailer? also read JV post on orbx forums about future of flight sim last year where some of the stuff he said seems to apply to the direction Microsoft might be taking with this sim.

I just hope Microsoft learned from their past mistake with flight and this time around did really collaborate with big name developers if not then they really need to learn from Lockheed martin and work with developers to make FS 2019 a success!

I am of the opinion that a lot of people will withhold purchasing any new addons for P3D, FSX and maybe even xplane until Microsoft releases FS 2019 which will affect addon developers pockets so I hope we could hear from Microsoft soon to see if this is really the future sim or we could all go back to our ugly sims very hard after watching that trailer lol and if addon developers have been working with Microsoft I hope they can remove NDA so they could release statements about their plans.

Edited by be1a1
found more info
  • Like 2

I was about to jump to XP11 but now I'm on hold.
This looks so good that I might just buy it to enjoy flying GA while they improve the product and PMDG drops the addons.

Edited by PaulGR

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

More info:

“The next generation of our longest-running franchise, Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass in 2020, and coming to Xbox One at a later date. Microsoft Flight Simulator is specifically designed to celebrate flight simulation fans through a focus on the authenticity of flying and visually stunning environments. By revamping our tech, working in close collaboration with the community and pursuing the best partnerships across the industry, we intend to deliver the best-in-class flight simulation experience.”

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/xbox-e3-2019-briefing-recap/

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

PMDG Flamingos, $89

Correction: PMDG Flamingo Base Pack, $89. Male Flamingo expansion $56, Female Flamingo expansion $56, Juvenile Flamingo expansion $56. Flamingo Global Migration Ops, $100

For comparison: iFly Flamingo multiple variant add-on, $60 (25 percent discount for any owners of previous iFly FS2004 Flamingo add-ons), Captain Sim Flamingo Base Pack, $250, additional Captain Sim Flamingo variant expansions, $100 each. Ariane Flamingo Base Pack, $500, additional Flamingo plumage colourations, $50 each, additional feather expansions, $50, additional Flamingo variants, $100. Additional activation fee $100, A2A Flamingo with Accuplumage add-on: $100.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

51 minutes ago, Woozie said:

XBOX UK site says PC and XBOX, its a bit confusing currently. However, i dont think this will come for the current gen of consoles, guess it will be released for "Project Scarlett" (the next gen xbox)

Btw, MS announced last week that all future releases will be on Steam as well, so it doesnt necessarily have to be locked down like MS store exclusives

Definitely Scarlett, as well as PC. The Xbox One is like a bargain bin budget laptop in terms of performance. The One X is only slightly better, but there's no way it's going to be able to push graphics like those. The next-gen will feature AMD Zen 2 architecture (which will be available to PC's this summer), ultra-fast SSD (possibly with Optane-like technology) and Radeon RDNA graphics comparable to a GTX 2070, so it will be similar to a high-end PC of today.

As for the new flight sim, I'm cautiously realistic. One can hope that Microsoft learned from the "Flight" debacle and DTG's failed attempts at making a DLC-driven, heavily monetized "flight game" rather than a "flight simulator". On the other hand, management has probably gone through many changes since 2012, so those who remember Flight might have left the company long ago.

The video looks stunning obviously, and it might very well be true that this is "captured in real time". However it's obviously only a small scenery area, with no simulator systems running. It doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the final product. Graphics frequently get downgraded from the E3 trailer, once the devs realize they need to leave some processing power and memory for an actual game, in addition to displaying pretty pictures (just google: e3 trailer downgrade).

Edited by AdvancedFollower
  • Like 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Nice video presentation. Is it a simulator for serious flight simmers? We will just have to wait and see. The fact that it will also be available on Xbox makes me question how serious of a flight sim this product will be. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg