Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

20 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

The fact that it's also being released on XBOX indicates either no third party add-ons, or licensed add-ons which will cost developers. We've been down this path before, so I will be cautiously pessimistic. 

Nice visuals though!

May or may not be. A future X-Box version might just be the engine only and the PC version allows third party. Other game titles worked out that way as the PC allowed mods and the Consoles did not. The PC is a different community compared to Console Gamers.

Matthew Kane

1 minute ago, z06z33 said:

Probably done like outtera which streams the terrain over the net to save on HDD space it allows for highly detailed global scenery even global photoreal in a small install package

I would buy a 2TB SSD just for this if it was needed for all the graphics.

I already spotted elitism like messages in this topic, and well, that is no surprise. I would suggest you all to approach it with an open mind without starting to make comparison with current simulators, addons bought and money spent on them.

We know nothing by now, and it is a bit sad to see the usual messages about this and that simulator not being for "simmers". They are all games, we are all playing games. And we didn't all start by being able to operate a Boeing or Airbus properly 🙂

For now the only comment i can do is about where it will be distributed. The Microsoft store is pretty meh. And the experience with Sea of Thieves showed it. Interesting enough, i see a lot of similarities with the clouds in Sea of Thives and this new flight sim.

Edited by france89
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Is it a game or a simulator? That is the question.

A game where you load it, select your aircraft and just flight?
Or is it a simulator? Plan your flight, check weather, prefight, program GPS/FMC, communications with ATC, etc. In other words a simulator for RW pilots and hard core simmers.
If it's the latter then I'm all in. Otherwise I'll pass.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, france89 said:

I already spotted elitism like messages in this topic, and well, that is no surprise. I would suggest you all to approach it with an open mind without starting to make comparison with current simulators, addons bought and money spent on them.

We know nothing by now, and it is a bit sad to see the usual messages about this and that simulator not being for "simmers". They are all games, we are all playing games. And we didn't all start by being able to operate a Boeing or Airbus properly 🙂

For now the only comment i can do is about where it will be distributed. The Microsoft store is pretty meh. And the experience with Sea of Thieves showed it. Interesting enough, i see a lot of similarities with the clouds in Sea of Thives and this new flight sim.

MS has announced that all future releases will be available through Steam and their own store.

To me, a hard core simmer is a gamer. I get charts and everything to plan out my flights. I am having fun, so gaming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

interesting detail here, look at the "trees". It appears they really are using 3D map data from bing:

fr78C6U.png

This would also prove that its actual ingame graphics we are seeing here. A CG scene wouldnt have trees like this

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

If this new flight sim is subscription only, count me out.

Did it say that anywhere in the video?

Even if it was - $10/month for is well below the threshold that most people are comfortable spending on entertainment.  What's the Pro version of P3D cost every 2 years?  $200.  You're honestly saying that a simulator that costs $240 in the same time period and is a true next-gen simulator isn't worth the additional 20% cost?

• Like 4

https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Flight is back   😂

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, just to play Devil's Advocate on these questions and more for the purposes of information and understanding than an accusation or anything else, the phrase 'capture in real-time 4K' does not necessarily mean 'captured at full 100 speed', i.e  it could theoretically have been captured in 4K realtime (i.e. recorded), but recorded whilst running the sim at less than 100 percent speed in 4K. Recording footage of products with all the whistles and bells on at less than full speed and then playing back speeded up to look like regular full speed, is a technique which quite a few product videos and reviews use. Now, I'm not saying I know this is what was done, just that it is something which could be done.

I think you missed the "real-time" portion of the statement...

7 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Is it a game or a simulator? That is the question.

A game where you load it, select your aircraft and just flight?
Or is it a simulator? Plan your flight, check weather, prefight, program GPS/FMC, communications with ATC, etc. In other words a simulator for RW pilots and hard core simmers.
If it's the latter then I'm all in. Otherwise I'll pass.

But by that definition, P3D and X-Plane are also just games, because by default you can take off in mediocre modeled default planes, with the engines running and just buzz around with zero planning. Everything you're mentioning comes primarily from third party support. P3D doesn't even have a weather engine by default, so you couldn't even check weather up against real-life.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

MAYBE JUST MAYBE this will be geared towards serious simmers and also sell licenses to military, airline companies etc or else why would they invest so much money and incorporate satellite data and Azure AI? clearly, they want to show off technical advancements they have achieved in this arena and win contracts maybe they are planning to go the Lockheed martin route with this one except this time we can call this one a game and casual gamer can play as well.

If this was for random gamer with no interest in flight simulation they would not bother with all the new technologies all they would have done is make it similar to previous version or make it similar to their other franchises but this seems to be big!

4 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I think you missed the "real-time" portion of the statement...

Nope, I haven't, real time does not  mean the same as 'at full speed', real-time refers to it being recorded on the fly, as opposed to being rendered.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here