Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

MS could be releasing a game changer, or, we were just terribly bamboozled. 

Either way, I'm off to fly the sim I have now with the addons I've already bought and installed.  It all works pretty well... until something better comes along.

Greg

Microsoft released 12 releases of Microsoft Flight Simulator and they were all good.
Microsoft Flight was not apart of that series, so since they got 12 out of 12 in the history of the franchise this just shows a commitment to it once again, which is good.

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matthew Kane

4 hours ago, Gabshall said:

I'm not convinced the flight dynamics were correct for the flock of flamingos 😄

The center of gravity is off on those Giraffe 🙂

This is coming to PC first then to XBox. I am very puzzled why so many here are against console version of flight sim. It is actually a good thing. It will make flight sim more accessible and more will move to more hardcore option like P3D/XP11 . Kind of like Oculus Quest that outsold Rift S and bringing new people to VR. I hope this new Flight Sim will include VR.

Edited by Sims Smith
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Is anyone in the community actually in contact with them? Now that the cat is out of the bag, I am expecting an avalanche of info about this release and since this is no longer 2004 and ways of communicating things to the community have changed, hopefully we know what we're getting ourselves into. 

Ps. I am still stunned by this trailer. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

13 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

Microsoft released 12 releases of Microsoft Flight Simulator and they were all good.

Where did you get the 12 from?

I have 10 versions and I started with FS4.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

For those concerned serious simmers are not Microsoft target read my previous posts and another point I would like to bring up is if this was for casual gamer that have no interest in simulating a real flight then it would include missions but there was no mention of any missions? what would most gamers that have little interest in flight simulator gain from flying randomly with no objectives it would get boring pretty quick. I have asked many people to try flight simulator they were fascinated by the scenery but they got bored within minutes lol

another point that others have noticed as well just look at the difference in titles. The previous one was called Flight but this has simulator added to the title.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ccb777 said:

Where did you get the 12 from?

I have 10 versions and I started with FS4.

Chris.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Releases:
Flight Simulator 1.0
Flight Simulator 2.0
Flight Simulator 3.0
Flight Simulator 4.0
Flight Simulator 5.0
Flight Simulator 5.1
Flight Simulator for Windows 95
Flight Simulator 98
Flight Simulator 2000
Flight Simulator 2002
Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight
Flight Simulator X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator#Microsoft_Flight_Simulator

Technically 5.0 and 5.1 were two separate releases as the 5.1 was a major improvement, not sure why the numbered it that way. I bought them all from release 2, release 1 I had a bootleg copy 

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 4

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm wondering after the abandonment of FSX and what happened with FLIGHT, what Microsoft's financial incentive would be to go down this road again.....

I've been contemplating this as well.

If I had to hazard a guess as to why MS has resurrected the franchise they killed so long ago, I'd say they probably see revenue potential to produce Flight Simulator as a "service".  Meaning it might be monetized in one of two ways:

1. With a subscription fee of some kind

2. With an in-game online DLC store

Imagine an MS Flight Sim where all of the addons would be available to buy & install via the main menu.  Even third party addons from developers like PMDG or A2A could submit to MS who would then put the addons up for sale on the main menu store but take a percentage of each purchase.  We might see something like that in this new sim.

1 minute ago, Mengy said:

Imagine an MS Flight Sim where all of the addons would be available to buy & install via the main menu.  Even third party addons from developers like PMDG or A2A could submit to MS who would then put the addons up for sale on the main menu store but take a percentage of each purchase.  We might see something like that in this new sim.

That is what MS Flight was...  Or at least what it was trying to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Releases:
Flight Simulator 1.0
Flight Simulator 2.0
Flight Simulator 3.0
Flight Simulator 4.0
Flight Simulator 5.0
Flight Simulator 5.1
Flight Simulator for Windows 95
Flight Simulator 98
Flight Simulator 2000
Flight Simulator 2002
Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight
Flight Simulator X 

Ok, you win. 🙂

I was not counting 5.0, only 5.1, but I was also counting the Combat Flight Sims, 1,2 & 3.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Bell.

1 hour ago, pracines said:

I wonder if VR will be an option?

I believe it was (and probably is) being made by one of the studio that worked on HoloLens, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are supporting VR, or will eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ccb777 said:

Ok, you win. 🙂

I was not counting 5.0, only 5.1, but I was also counting the Combat Flight Sims, 1,2 & 3.

Oh yea I forgot about those combat sims, they were a lot of fun. I seem to recall they did some futuristic alter world flight sim as well but I forget what they called it, I didn't buy it but I think it was the flight sim engine as well.

Matthew Kane

I'm thrilled to bits with this announcement, time will tell how it turns out.

I'm used to waiting.  Here is my first installation.

xi2beto.jpg

I just fired up the Apple IIE, just to see how far we have come.

Still have the 5.5 inch disk, hand books and Box !

Chris.

Edited by ChrisDa
Typo
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

I Wonder if someone (insert name here ) at microsoft saw what was going on with MSF realized the real potential and said pull the plug NOW . we can get our own team to do this even better the old ways  We're gona bring back Flight simulator ... 

by the way if the flamingos are 3rd party they sure looked good . Now makes me want alligators down at the everglades in florida 

Image removed as image is no longer available.