Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

I have read thousands of comments on gaming sites for the MS E3 press conference. No one is talking about MSFS. Its about Cyberpunk (cant wait!) or Halo. There is no gaming market for this and the Xbox version will sell maybe 10 copies at all, worldwide. 

I pray MS knows that and we are getting a real hardcore sim indeed.

Lukas Dalton

Xbox support might not be that bad. With a recent update, keyboard and mouse are supported on the console. What if this Flight Simulator can run on the new xbox just like it can run on a PC? What if addons are supported on Xbox as well?

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

God no.

Gaming in general is going in that direction (nVidia has cloud gaming, Google is working on it with Stadia) so it will be a thing someday.

This mean that we can have pohoreal scenery without the need of Terabyte of storage.

• Upvote 2

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

My Specs: MOBO: ROG Z390 Maximus Hero IX CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz GPU: Nvidia  GeForce GTX 3080Ti RAM: GSkill Trident 32Gb Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

MSFS, DCS World.

4 minutes ago, francy25 said:

Gaming in general is going in that direction (nVidia has cloud gaming, Google is working on it with Stadia) so it will be a thing someday.

This mean that we can have pohoreal scenery without the need of Terabyte of storage.

Stadia will die. I know nobody including myself who wants to stream games. Neither the internet capabilities allow this in most regions nor is the input lag acceptable especially for shooters. It’s will not succeed 

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

2 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Why is that? LM already has released much more updates and patches then MS in their entire FS range.
See my comments above.

Edit:
LM has (in my view) a whole different approach towards flight simming.
For them it is not a commercial product, but a utility/tool to provide to their customers.
For M$ (and Laminar etc) it is a commercial/consumer product, so different rules apply.

Even If their primairy target is the professional market they do not want to stay behind.

There are some professional simulators already using X-Plane ( several in the NL ). Sure there are very expensive Flightsims way out of our range and used by airlines, but the consumer/professional market gap is getting smaller.

P3D is so populair because of all the addons .

If the MS Flightsim appears to be a succes and it has an SDK addon  companies will surely be interested to join in.

I remember several years back that already there was a discussion about using online PR scenery ( monthly payment )with only objects and airports as seperate payware addons. A kind of online TileProxy + addons.

In total I welcome this new Flightsim 😀

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 minutes ago, francy25 said:

And it means always online flight simulator, with added input latency, zero access to its files, hard to set up the hundreds of peripherals, reduced visuals thanks to be streaming. Yeah, that'll sell like hotcakes in the sim community.

No chance in hell it happens and big no thanks for that approach.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 hours ago, N_matus said:

Specially, I want to know if Microsoft will allow developers to create addons without the hassle or restrictions of a closed source software.

l feel this will decide on success or failure, finally. Two failed approaches ignoring the existing flightsim ecosystem are enough. This said, they will have to find better ways of mainteinance, though. Very few will want to repeat the P3D maintainence hassle.

6 hours ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

For 3rd party developers, I think the scenery guys might not be needed in this carnation if satellite imagery and google like models are used. .

They may well be needed for airports + surroundings. Just not ORBX regions.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

God no.

Depends on which method they are going to use, full streaming or cloud assisted computing. If its the latter it will open a plethora of options we couldnt even dream of. Just think about weather depiction, Azure already uses machine learning for weather forecasting. Imagine if we are getting real, high fidelity weather changing in realtime, and not just simply based on Metars updated every hour. Same goes for Physic engine, AI Traffic and world generation. If all of this is going to be computed in the cloud, i dont see why a modern PC wouldn't be able to run the graphics we seen in the trailer in rock solid 60fps

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Stadia will die. I know nobody including myself who wants to stream games. Neither the internet capabilities allow this in most regions nor is the input lag acceptable especially for shooters. It’s will not succeed 

Disagree.

5 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

And it means always online flight simulator, with added input latency, zero access to its files, hard to set up the hundreds of peripherals, reduced visuals thanks to be streaming. Yeah, that'll sell like hotcakes in the sim community.

No chance in hell it happens and big no thanks for that approach.

What I said (quite clearly) is that probably only the scenery will be cloud based. The rest of the game will run on our PC. Outerra (a procedural generated engine) already do this saving you a lot of space on your HDD/SSD.

God this communityi is a continous "No, no, no". Sometimes I think we deserve old engine based sim, super expensive add-on and arrogant developers that treat us like garbage.

Edited by francy25
  • Like 12

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

My Specs: MOBO: ROG Z390 Maximus Hero IX CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz GPU: Nvidia  GeForce GTX 3080Ti RAM: GSkill Trident 32Gb Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

MSFS, DCS World.

52 minutes ago, francy25 said:

What I said (quite clearly) is that probably only the scenery will be cloud based. The rest of the game will run on our PC. Outerra (a procedural generated engine) already do this saving you a lot of space on your HDD/SSD.

I quoted someone else saying 'God no', someone who hoped for full cloud, which in turn you quoted me for. You are talking about cloud processing, I'm talking about cloud gaming. Two completely different things, not sure why you are mixing them up.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos1988 said:

I quoted someone else saying 'God no', someone who hoped for full cloud, which in turn you quoted me for.

Yeah, I was just trying to specify it so that it was clear also for others 🙂 I used your post for that.

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

MSFS, DCS World.

I don't see anybody wanting a new flight sim based on a new more modern game engine it will never catch on.😁

The game pass for PC is on discount at the moment for £1.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

16 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Thats a bold statement, you may be up for a surprise. I agree its not something for competetive gamers but it will allow basically everyone with a PC and reasonable internet bandwith to play AAA games without the need to have 1500$ gaming machine at home.  

For consoles this could be nothing less than a revolution, you buy a 150$ stream client and pay an annual fee for full access to the entire game library.

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Thats a bold statement, you may be up for a surprise. I agree its not something for competetive gamers but it will allow basically everyone with a PC and reasonable internet bandwith to play AAA games without the need to have 1500$ gaming machine at home.  

For consoles this could be nothing less than a revolution, you buy a 150$ stream client and pay an annual fee for full access to the entire game library.

People who don’t want to pay 1500€ for a PC buy a console to play AAA games.

PC gaming is mostly hardcore gamers. We will see but I rather stop gaming then accept streaming and lose control about everything and deal with all the negative aspects it brings

Lukas Dalton

11 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I just want something that is ready to go out of the box if you will. A simulator that does not need 100 add-ons to make it look spectacular. It should already come with updated AI traffic from around the world, it should already come with major and regional airports modeled correctly, it should already come with detailed aircraft that will be made in the same fashion as some of our favorite 3rd party aircraft. That is where every simulator has fallen short of thus far. Maybe just MAYBE this will be the beginning of the end of all of that. I dream of a day where ORBX shuts its doors. I know it sound cruel but think about it. We as a community have been neglected for a really long time and we’ve been forced to believe that we need these add-ons to have an enjoyable experience. And third party devs have been laughing all the way to the bank. And what have we gotten? Really nowhere. My P3D has probably close to $1000 in add-ons just to make it look just as good as someone that spent just $100 for XP11. And I’m tired of that. I want to see Microsoft take a jab at these third party wallet suckers and make all of them close their doors and just have their inside devs deliver us quality material. And with this new sim, we could start seeing that very soon. 

Its an ideal goal (and I have spent over $5500 on sim addons) but you get what you pay for. If MS or any developer were to put in the years of work (AU2 took a year or two to develop) then would you still be happy to spend $1000 plus to buy the sim, because they are no different to addon developers, they are in it to make a profit. Sorry but that is the way it works. You are always welcome to learn how to code and design all this for yourself. Good luck

• Like 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.