Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

3 hours ago, france89 said:

+

You guys are giving too much value to few hundred flight sim enthusiasts like we are. Do you really think a billion dollar company cares about few hundred people? And DaWu, you seem to be clueless about the market behind  gaming on console, but even on PC.

It isn't bad at all. New engines are running on both platforms, especially when it's about Microsoft.
And about the xbox not being powerful enough, well, the new one coming in 2020 can run games at 8k res at 120fps apparently, has a SSD and fast memory.

Clueless aha. I am pretty much aware about the niche market we are in. And I know that besides that niche there is no market at all

Lukas Dalton

First reaction of John V at OrbX. MSFlight all over again. Plus the cloud of course 😂 ! MS looks like setting up a closed environment yet again.

Orbx is not involved.

MS have not reached out to us.

They did a good job keeping it secret.

We have no more information than the trailer and press release.

We don’t know if there is an SDK or third party support.

We don’t know who they partnered with for content, certainly not us.

This does not change any of our product plans at all.

Remember MS Flight? I hope MS learnt from that experience 

This will be Windows 10 first, then ‘maybe’ XBOX later.

Finally, “2020” could mean January or December 2020.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173967-new-flight-sim-announced/?do=findComment&comment=1524692

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, domkle said:

First reaction of John V at OrbX. MSFlight all over again. Plus the cloud of course 😂 ! MS looks like setting up a closed environment yet again.

Yep, it came as a surprise to all of us. If any well-known sim company is involved, they've kept it well under wraps

You can hear a very little bit of ATC, not sure whether this was just an edit or is the real deal as it did sound new...

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 minutes ago, domkle said:

Orbx is not involved.

MS have not reached out to us.

They did a good job keeping it secret.

We have no more information than the trailer and press release.

We don’t know if there is an SDK or third party support.

We don’t know who they partnered with for content, certainly not us.

This does not change any of our product plans at all.

Remember MS Flight? I hope MS learnt from that experience 

This will be Windows 10 first, then ‘maybe’ XBOX later.

Finally, “2020” could mean January or December 2020.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173967-new-flight-sim-announced/?do=findComment&comment=1524692

Definitely a bad omen. Recalling MS Flight!, too. "Do you want to realise your dream to fly... bla...bla".

Kind regards. Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Why would orbx have been involved considering their product line has just been rendered obsolete with a brand new scenery engine from MS?

the reaction is similar to the pony express riders seeing the first railroad coming through.

Similar to Douglas engineers getting their first glimpse of the 707.

Alarming would be an understatement.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skully said:

Why would orbx have been involved considering their product line has just been rendered obsolete with a brand new scenery engine from MS?

the reaction is similar to the pony express riders seeing the first railroad coming through.

Similar to Douglas engineers getting their first glimpse of the 707.

Alarming would be an understatement.

They still make airports

Lukas Dalton

I guess the equation is fairly simple. If this new Flight Simulator from Microsoft is open to 3rd party add-ons it will succeed. It will be a game changer. In that case, It seems that global-regional add-ons will become obsolete. For aircraft developers it will probably be an opportunity to resell their P3D products, but at the same time it will be a big challenge and expense to re-design their products for the new platform. I'm curious what their view will be on that. Even if one of them does that, I think the rest will have to follow. 

Now, if the platform is not open to 3rd party add-ons, in my opinion it won't succeed. The quality of aircraft add-ons currently developed can't be compared with the default Microsoft aircraft. Scenery and weather is certainly a big immersion factor but without a "study-sim" plane, its nothing more than an amazing visuals simulator.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

No pictures of london namely tower hamlets and southall maybe it might harm sales

14ppkc-6.png

I'm going to stay optimistic. We're getting a new, modern flight sim from the company that facilitated the birth and evolution of the entire flight sim genre. This is huge! And if they truly have been working on it for over 2 years, it should be fairly complete. The trailer seems to indicate that it is. MS could have kept their big mouths shut if they weren't close to being ready for prime time. They certainly did a good job of it up until this point.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Just for fun, I'm going to go out on a limb and make the following guesses:

1. Several addon developers have known about this for some time but due to an NDA have had to keep quiet.

2. The scenery, i.e. the photoreal base, will indeed be streamed and buffered.  The airports, vegetation, buildings, etc. will be stored on the local machine.

3. The scenery will be much like ORBX Trueearth in that it will combine photoreal with landclass, vector scenery, objects, and AFCAD-based airports.

4. The core scenery engine is likely brand new, but the aircraft have probably not changed much from FSX, so with minor changes many FSX and P3D aircraft will work.

5. The flight dynamics have been improved.

6. ATC is the same as FSX with minor bug fixes and improvements.

Mostly pure speculation but also some educated guessing.  It'll be fun to see if I'm right.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

There seems to be some thought here that this is a project which has only just started development. However, from the trailer it already appears to be quite well-advanced and has likely been going on for some time. If that's the case, 3rd party developers may already have add-ons in progress. Who knows? I also think that those who are hoping that LM will produce a version of P3D even remotely similar in the foreseeable future are, frankly, dreaming.

As far as "Orbx is not involved. MS have not reached out to us", why is that necessarily a bad thing (other than for Orbx)? It doesn't need Orbx involvement to be good.

One of the computer mags (can't remember which) recently took a look at the current crop of streaming services for gaming and came to the conclusion that they had potential but there were still a lot of issues with latency and bandwidth that currently limited what could be done. Why make a great flight sim and then cripple it for many potential customers who may not have access to super-fast broadband?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

So I was looking around their new website and somehow stumbled into an area which I don't think is meant to be accessible. It's basically a bunch of test pages with random confectionery related gibberish dating back as far as April 2018. Not all that much to see but it does contain a few new screenshots of some aircraft. Namely:

• A380
  • 777-200LR
  • G650
  • F22-Raptor
  • F15 Eagle
  • F-16 Fighting Falcon
  • Seamax
  • Cessna 310

Assuming these will be included I guess that means we're getting military aircraft too. There is also mention of a 'Store' in one of the articles so i'm guessing there will be some sort of in-built area to buy addons. Also there's a page for a Beta page but we already kinda knew that was happening.

1 minute ago, _ns5x said:

So I was looking around their new website and somehow stumbled into an area which I don't think is meant to be accessible. It's basically a bunch of test pages with random confectionery related gibberish dating back as far as April 2018. Not all that much to see but it does contain a few new screenshots of some aircraft. Namely:

• A380
  • 777-200LR
  • G650
  • F22-Raptor
  • F15 Eagle
  • F-16 Fighting Falcon
  • Seamax
  • Cessna 310

Assuming these will be included I guess that means we're getting military aircraft too. There is also mention of a 'Store' in one of the articles so i'm guessing there will be some sort of in-built area to buy addons. Also there's a page for a Beta page but we already kinda knew that was happening.

Any chance for the links to the images?

• Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

It appears to me, based on the promo video, the simulator is polished and ready for release.

Don't tell us you still believe in trailers 😉? Specially in the game industry. You know when you get 3 minutes of a superb CGI movie and then the game is really about sprites crawling in an isometric environment. 

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam