Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

Yes, but Xbox is a target platform.

Where does it say that?! It's just on Xbox Game Pass. That doesn't say anything about what the 'target' platform is.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

47 minutes ago, Cubs105 said:

Orbx is definitely not working on this, I was at FSexpo this weekend and they were at the bar at the hotel when the news broke. I was there and saw their reaction to it all and I know for a fact they said they had nothing to do with it and were blindsided by it, along with every other developer at the expo

Confirmed by JV: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173967-new-flight-sim-announced/?do=findComment&comment=1524692

But ORBX is (lucky for us) not the one and only developer for flightsim addons. 😉

Edited by Matthijs
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Huh?

Those graphics were great for their time.

How old are you?

When you started off simming with these visuals then you can come to appreciate the above.

The difficulty that you're having is that words mean things. When I said Microsoft used hyperbole in their advertising, that meant that the advertising didn't look like the product. It doesn't mean that the graphics were bad at the time.

And I've been simming since the subLOGIC days.

Well - I'm normally very wait and see on things, but no matter what, this is super exciting to have such a resource heavy player back in the mix.

Even if one chooses to stick with some other platform, this is a net positive for the industry for sure.

• Upvote 1

Flipping heck! I can't believe this news! I'm sure like many others I have long thought FSX was the end of the "MSFS DNA line". I had sort of hoped that there might have been a resurrection or two in the ensuing 13 odd years but as every year went by and there were false starts so to speak (MS Flight, Flight Sim World), I had just given up any hope.

OK, I note the pessimism in many replies here (fair enough, don't blame you) as well as the positive and hopeful replies (good on you) but personally I'll be cautiously glass half full on this one. It's not like I don't have any flight sim to fall back on if it turns out like MS Flight did for example. Unlike in all previous instances this time around I am happy to simply sit back from afar and watch. And if it turns out well, I will happily build a new computer to replace my old one one built in 2010 and eventually adopt the new sim (but not for a couple of years at least).

But I am hoping those lessons from MS Flight, for example, have been learned. And futhermore, if you consider that over the last decade the progress in hardware has been roughly similar (in terms of performance and potential) to what might have actually been the case between even just one or two old versions of the sim in the earlier days then I suppose you might even say the very long wait was a "normal one" so to speak. I guess what I mean by that is we can hope for this new product to be approaching the more revolutionary end of the scale rather than the evolutionary one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, irrics said:

Well - I'm normally very wait and see on things, but no matter what, this is super exciting to have such a resource heavy player back in the mix.

Even if one chooses to stick with some other platform, this is a net positive for the industry for sure.

And if it's as good as we're all hoping, I may have to sell my only remaining kidney. Sold my first one when P3D went 64-bit.

Edited by tamsini

Mario Di Lauro

Interesting that the Six O'Clock News on the BBC reported the announcement of a new generation of games that won't require a console as they'll be streamed. More details here but the new Flight Sim product is not mentioned. Curious... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48576960

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, tamsini said:

And if it's as good as we're all hoping, I may have to sell my only remaining kidney. Sold my first one when P3D went 64-bit.

And you'll gladly do it if it turns out as great as we hope!

😁

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Microsoft is going out of its way to advertise this as an Xbox title.  Here's the official website:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

Everyone is just getting confused here by the Xbox game studios branding and Xbox Game Pass method of purchasing that will be attached to this.  They've consolidated all their gaming efforts, PC and otherwise, under the "Xbox" branding.

Xbox Game Studios, previously known as Microsoft Studios, Microsoft Game Studios, and Microsoft Games, is a division of Microsoft based in Redmond, Washington. It was established in March 2000, spun out from an internal Games Group, for the development and publishing of video games for Microsoft Windows.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Microsoft is going out of its way to advertise this as an Xbox title.  Here's the official website:

Out of their way, like signing up for the PC exclusive insider, listen Windows and Xbox as platforms, is it the Xbox game pass that's available on PC and Xbox? Where exactly are they going out of their way?

"Xbox" has become synonym with their gaming division, for both platforms, not the console.

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

To continue the 'bad news' it still not an Xbox title! It's available on both Xbox AND PC! Read the bottom of the page:

Platform
Xbox, Windows 10

Also, the PC version comes first. So please stop spreading this kind of information, when it's quite clear that it's not true...

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, Sethos1988 said:

Out of their way, like signing up for the PC exclusive insider, listen Windows and Xbox as platforms, is it the Xbox game pass that's available on PC and Xbox? Where exactly are they going out of their way?

By listing it on their Xbox website and making sure that all promotional material is emblazoned with a prominent Xbox logo.

What you are failing to grasp is that the notion of Xbox is no longer limited to the console hardware. It is now also part of the Windows 10 ecosystem.

• Like 1

Chris

Just now, Mountain Man said:

By listing it on their Xbox website and making sure that all promotional material is emblazoned with a prominent Xbox logo.

As I added, "Xbox" has become synonym with their gaming division, for both platforms, not the console. I think you've got a lot of catching up to do when it comes to what's going on in the gaming sphere.

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB