Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

MS's foray in to railways was shortlived and through a third party (Kuju), but Dovetail ran with it and kept it supported much like LM did with P3D. Dovetail's all new Train Sim World (TSW) is a good product, just lacking in content at the moment, it deserves to do well without MS treading on their toes after a small studio took a big gamble, imo.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I would love to see Train Simulator again. Man that brings back some great memories!

I used to run that Union station to Penn with the Acela over and over when I was a teenager.

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

MS's foray in to railways was shortlived and through a third party (Kuju), but Dovetail ran with it and kept it supported much like LM did with P3D. Dovetail's all new Train Sim World (TSW) is a good product, just lacking in content at the moment, it deserves to do well without MS treading on their toes after a small studio took a big gamble, imo.

I seem to remember Dovetail having an insane about of DLC that was fairly expensive.

I just signed up for the Insider Program myself and I'd like to repeat the appeal from the other poster a few pages back. The more people sign up for the Insider Program the better to show the interest and anticipation we all have here and support MSFS.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I seem to remember Dovetail having an insane about of DLC that was fairly expensive.

Nah, only 520 addons for a few bucks

Jv6cCUM.png

I didnt track all my flightsim spendings, but i surely hope its less than that 😄

• Like 3

@Woozie Whoa..  😮

On the plus side for 3rd party devs - despite them likely not being excited about giving MS a cut - a unified and integrated 3rd party sales experience (if that were to come) would likely greatly increase sales.

So many people are fairly and rightly turned off by trying to cobble it all together and deal with installation/updates/etc

I give Orbx lots of credit for their work on that aspect of things in the last few years.  

It'd be even better if it were built right in to the platform (at least to some people it would be)

Edited by irrics

1 hour ago, irrics said:

So many people are fairly and rightly turned off by trying to cobble it all together and deal with installation/updates/etc

I would kill for a built in store/update facility for all 3rd party addons. Seems to be working quite well for DCS, i dont see any issue as long as MS' cut is fair and not threatening small dev studios. 

In order to keep up with updates for all my addons i have to monitor about 20 different sources, be it websites, email, forums, config-tool or even by randomly logging into countless customer panels just to find out if there was any update recently. It certainly helps that some addons are only being updated annually (yes, you....Pro ATC-X!)  😉

Mettar is working on something like a steam store for addons, but they will likely be too small and irrelevant in order to get the big boys on board. But when MS does something like that....

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

DTG nor Microsoft have at anytime attempted to challenge this "concern" at it seems to be only voiced by certain community elements for alternative reasons (aka competitive reasons).

Hi Rob...welcome back!! You are way more fun as a Commercial Member than your former position. LOL!! Good to see you posting again.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

All I can say is I hope they fixed time tracking so there’s no clock drift, time zones are correct, and daylight saving time are finally right..........

• Upvote 1

This is fantastic news. I had embraced DTG's FSW and was not the only one disappointed by the developer's abandonment of the promise of that idea: a full-featured, all-in vanilla simulator. MS was clearly paying attention: MSFS2020 will have exactly what everyone felt was missing from FSW: state of the art ATC, top-shelf enviro, and a deep hanger. (Is the presence of the Diamond in fact a nod to DTG, as the RV harkens back to MS Flight?) The collapse of FSW drove me to XP11, but without ORBX, XP11's DYI roots remain painfully evident. By next year, I'll be ready to buy the monster PC this new sim is going to require. 

Interesting issue becomes that business about petabytes of scenery. What will this look like? Will this be available as incremental region-by-region DLC a la ORBX, or some sort of cloud-based world? Time will tell.

Tim

Edited by hypercide
spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rjfry said:

After joining the insider program from reading the reply you will need to send a dxdiag report when they are ready, this could be DX12 requirement therefore windows10.    

it will be dx12...no poopy dx9/dx11😁  it will also be over 60fps for new xbox and pc owners

Edited by Arthur42417

On 6/9/2019 at 5:44 PM, kdfw__ said:

746680-931252_20060811_001.jpg

EXCEPT THIS WAS A STILL IMAGE OF AN ARTISTS CONCEPT!  The video is REALTIME REAL IN GAME VIDEO FOOTAGE!  Not apples and apples comparison thankfully!!  I thought of this as well when seeing.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

5 minutes ago, carmined said:

The video is REALTIME REAL IN GAME VIDEO FOOTAGE! 

Where did it ever say that? Did I miss something?