Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

On 6/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, Sethos said:

If anyone's interested and wasn't aware, you can download Windows Maps off the store and basically see all the photogrammetry we'll be flying over.

If that is the source...Doesn’t MS own Bing?  If you are an X-Plane flyer, you KNOW Bing as a source for Ortho4Xp.

Chas 

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

On 6/11/2019 at 7:52 AM, Wobbie said:

Ok, so, after a bit of sleuthing, & registering on Xbox insider, the new sim will be available from Xbox Games Pass!

(https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/...riefing-recap/)
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

with a monthly fee, apart from any cost of game....

Soooo you are giving MS $4.95 for nothing until at least six months, and who knows how long after that for vapor ware? 

I got a tunnel in L.A.  I’d like to sell ya!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

4 hours ago, Fernando Mera said:

I just read something from a website that supposed to make an interview from someone in the development team.. And they said the SIM is 2 Petabytes of information.. So that’s like 2,000 terabytes? Hahaha I hope its a joke.. I was thinking on updating my GPU no the HDD...

That's likely correct but you aren't going to have to localize it on your HD.

Streaming is the future and it appears they are using their Azure AI running from a cloud to stream the photo-real. There's also obviously 3D built into that and you can already see similar technology with Google (not as a flight sim obviously, but you get the idea).

Hopefully you can download some regions for those who have spotty internet, but the future is here and some may be left behind. Not much you can do about that.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

This is a very good frame by frame breakdown of the trailer.

General conclusion: This is all in game footage (with a couple of scenes enhanced with effects). What that actually means as an overall experience, we'll have to wait and see, but it's real.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Awesome video - thx for sharing the link 

Edited by Jim Young
Removed unneeded video promo included with the quote.

42 minutes ago, irrics said:

Awesome video - thx for sharing the link 

it is a nice video but it also shows how we look for little details and when i said we i mean the sim community . at around 5:19 this man talks about texture popping . man with the amount of buildings i see in this video i wont even complaint about couple of little things popping up . But is really nice . At around 7:45 that looks reallly nice

by the way thanks to this man slowing down things i Notice that around 13:27 thats downtown Houston and ohhh man it looks niceeee .

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

10 hours ago, skully said:

This all assumes that MS will require all commercial developers to use their portal for sales. We just don't have that information yet.

I hope that MS (if they ever make it open sim) would require all 3rd party developers to summit their products to MS first for quality check before releasing it to the mass, look at leading developers to P3D, they are taking advantage of every thing with out even sticking to installation requirement that was posted by LM P3D team (PMDG, Orbx for example).

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

12 hours ago, F737NG said:

You've just described the exact same issues that affect most flight sim developers currently.

I've heard rumours that Simmarket take a similar distribution fee and that's before they charge another fee for every update. I imagine that Flight1 and Aerosoft take fees for being the publisher and for hosting.

Who determines where on a store's website a developer's product is advertised and marketed?
Same questions.

The smaller and even middle-sized players won't care who they sell through as they have never held any sway.
It's only the very biggest players who have done everything on their own, who (if they're even invited to participate) are going to be concerned about such a store front.
Knocking back DTG's efforts to create a unified store front is one thing, Microsoft would be a whole different proposition.

If the developers had an option to choose either Microsoft's own store OR their own - OR they had the option to market on their own platform AND Microsoft's own, then I don't think the issue would be as big for them... But I don't see that happening...

The problem arises, when developers are FORCED to choose Microsoft's Store as the ONLY way of distributing their addons! Go ask PMDG, as to why they don't think this is a great idea... I'm fairly sure, that RSR would chime in 😉 - or go find RSR's post about it, which were made with the announcement of Flight Sim World...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Many of us are talking about a new engine, vastly improved terrain/autogen generation, visual candy, etc. That's completely fine, and I cannot wait to see the improved graphics. But there's something as important in my opinion:

I hope we also get a much-needed update to the navigational data. Up-to-date waypoints, fixes, ILS, etc, with the ability to constantly keep updating them. If Microsoft partnered with companies such as Navigraph, for instance, I wouldn't mind paying $20-$30 monthly to remain updated. We definitely need an improvement to the navigational database which has run its course.

• Like 2

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

at around 5:19 this man talks about texture popping . man with the amount of buildings i see in this video i wont even complaint about couple of little things popping up .

The reason for that video is not to work out all issues, but to prove that this video is not rendered but a real in-game video!

And popping buildings (and some other glitches) are just the evidence that it is really in-game.

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 hours ago, irrics said:

they are flat out stealing satellite imagery to make their own.

"theft"

simply untrue

Just a few things regarding that youtuber I posted.

First, I commented what MSFS will likely be. The vid was just the first source making the same claims. I have come across 3 sources with the same claims. Where there is smoke there is fire. 47 pages I see now based on nothing but a short promo vid with all logic thrown out the window and any material outside of this one promo video smashed to pieces.

It's not about being negative, it's about being a bit more logical than looking at a few minutes of a promo clip and building a fantasy world around it.

The game is on Xbox, ummm...projected sales for an in depth flight sim on this platform would be??? 2-5??? Logic! It's the first thing that instantly suggests this will not be a FSX type replacement. Far more logical than assuming anything off the short promo video.

Regarding photographers and AA, AA has no relevance in digital photography whatsoever.

Regarding resolution, a mystical phenomenon to the world since digital began. Ridiculous we have masses of pixels in phone cameras and now we talk about 4k and 8k resolution. All this stuff is completely worthless to the vast majority of the people who will buy and use these displays and resolutions. People simply do not understand more resolution does not automatically mean better. We use inferior devices because there is no understanding of how resolution actually works. 

What MSFS will become, we will wait and see. 

Edited by Skywatcher
  • Like 3

Mark Daniels

Finally, I don't know a great deal about the type of photo scenery MSFS will use, regardless of this, if the future of flight sims will be based on photo scenery, I personally consider these sims not for me. There are just too many negatives involved and we would be far better just accepting what PC's can handle with traditional graphics. Kinda like resolution, the demand for super high quality graphics that mimic the real world are killing the overall game.

It's again not about being negative, it's about having some logic and understanding beyond a fantasy wish list.

Edited by Skywatcher
  • Like 2

Mark Daniels

The flightsim community never ceases to amaze. Reading through this topic or actually this entire new board, it all seems to have kicked off quite a bit of hysteria and immediately the usual factions have formed.

Here’s the people asking whether it’ll run on Windows 98, what hardware you will need to run it or just complaining about something else vaguely related, like how bad big evil Microsoft are.

Then we have the “fake news apostles”. People that just repeat speculation and their opinion often enough for it to become fact. Apparently the new simulator will be nothing else but Mario Kart in the air, will be cloud based and streamed, not support any third party developers, is just a ploy to kill X-Plane and P3D, and developed together with the CIA and NSA from Microsoft’s Volcano Lair labs in North Korea in an attempt to establish a global “big brother” surveillance network.

All I know is that we will get a new flight simulator, likely in 2020. Judging by the trailer it will look impressive and probably better than anything we have today. I simply don’t know if it will be streamed, installed in the traditional way or delivered to me by a network of Bluetooth and SSD equipped carrier pigeons. I also don’t know if it will support third party developers and an SDK. I can use my common sense and expect that it will need the latest operating system and modern hardware. That’s about all I know at this point.

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy what we have today and fly in P3D. I still intend to upgrade my hardware to get the most of what we have today, because let’s face it - even if FSXX comes out next year it will most likely be a while before we have the complex addons we have available to us today. Or maybe we won’t have any complex addons at all. In any case, at that point we will probably be another 2 or 3 hardware generations ahead. I will also continue to follow FSXX with interest, as more information will be released and we get a better understanding of what it is, what it isn’t and what it can and cannot do. Best case it will be the complex, open sim we all wanted. Worst case it will be some more basic way to see a pretty virtual world from above. It will never please everyone and people will be disappointed, no matter what it turns out to be. Will it deliver everything we are hoping for out of the box? Probably not. Will it grow into that over time? Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless of any of this, the sun will still rise in the East and people’s lives will continue just like before.

In the meantime, I’ll go enjoy enjoy the present rather than speculate to death about the future FSXX, which none of us know more about than what was shown in that brief clip.

• Like 2

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"