Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

5 hours ago, Mengy said:

There is no doubt FS2020 will stream data from the cloud to the client, it has to since it is using 2 PB of Bing data for scenery.

However, that does not mean FS2020 will absolutely be subscription based.  Microsoft has many games using their cloud today which do not require subscriptions, so FS2020 might not either.

Streaming: YES, very likely.  Subscription: we don't know.  Possibly, but probably not given their trends as of today.

Well, actually there are a lot of doubts about it, because we don't know anything yet.

They said that they've USED that amount of data for create the world, but it doesn't mean that  the final game size its 2 PB. That's really far from any other game/sim size out there right now...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I once tried a scenery demo, decided it wasn't enough of an improvement to warrant having it, and uninstalled it.  Then it took a total wipe and reinstall of P3D to get rid of what it messed up elsewhere. 

I am a GA flyer and dependent on good scenery. I had a short look upon "naked" Prepar3d after installing 4.0 - and was shocked. I own the complete ORBX product range, ORBX Global alone makes a massive difference to the default textures, but naked Prepar3d can in no way be compared to flying in the ORBX US West Coast or NZ regions. Plus, look upon default KSFO and the Flight Beam rendition, they are barely even similar.

This doesn't mean FS2020 can't still do better and it hopefully will, and yes, all those goodies take a toll in $$$, but naked Prepar3d is just a bad reference - at least in my eyes.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Locking this topic as new information has been released and a new topic was created.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10