Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

The thing is.

They have the necessary skill set, resources and decades of experience. 

Maybe they split it up into the casual version and the training version. 

The second one aimed at professionals where like in Windows editions more features are available and some default aircraft are not as users of that particular version wouldn't use them anyway.

At the end of the day it comes down to 1 thing and one thing only:

Add-on support. 

IF MS provides the developer with the necessary tools for an easy compatibility and they do it like PMDG fslabs and scenery stuff p3d con go home.

Best advertisement :

you can have 4K30FPS without an NASA computer because we ain't using some 10 year old engine.

that's it. If that's what Microsoft provides then LM won't see a cent from me anymore anytime.

• Upvote 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

22 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

What I find astonishing is the public interest in this announcement. Over 1.3 Mio people have watched the trailer and just by the numbers the new MS Flight Simulator generated the second highest interest in Microsoft's line up after their AAA title Halo. This is not bad at all for something we tend to consider a niche hobby. Right now, it is not easy for beginners to engage in our hobby with the distribution channel of P3D, which can only be bought with English language skills and a credit card. Steam makes it a bit easier for X-Plane users. I welcome that MS brings the hobby back to a more public focus and that they will make it easier for beginners to start with flight simming.

What does this mean for enthusiasts like us? I do not know. Maybe it will be more an arcade game than a true sim? Maybe it will be a true new sim that allows high system fidelity? But I know that it will drive new people into the world of flight simming. And this is something we can only profit from no matter what platform we will use for our own simming in some two years.

Well I'd say 1.3 Mio clicks, I watched it maybe 5 times, so do others. I saw a post where somebody said he watched it almost 80 times. So there maybe 100000 to 200000 people who watched it.

Edited by Chandler
  • Like 1

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

So what have we learned so far from this thread ?

1/ In spite of aging demographics, the level of testosterone of the simmer community is still high ;

2/ That gives the most gifted of us all, the incredible ability to reconstruct in whole what will be the new simulator from the tidbits of a 1'44" clip which can be at least partially CGI ;

3/ The drawback is that, at the same time, it seems to alter their long time memory 

😏

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 minutes ago, ohsirus said:

I'm just happy the slapped the "Simulator" tag to it.

Flight Simulator is a very valuable brand with huge recognition even among those not particularly interested in the hobby; MS were smart to hold onto it when they struck deals with Dovetail and Lockheed Martin. One would hope that it will retain the sliding scale capabilities of previous Flight Simulator iterations, defaulting to an easy flight mode to make it accessible for everyone, yet able to be made more simulator-like with a simple change in its options.

To be perfectly honest, even if it was basically just FSX-SE but with the work being done by the GPU instead of the CPU courtesy of a modern 3D graphics engine, I'd be happy enough. Which it seems it is given that we can observe heat blur coming from the airliner on take off, so anything else it manages will be a bonus.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If anyone's interested and wasn't aware, you can download Windows Maps off the store and basically see all the photogrammetry we'll be flying over.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 minutes ago, domkle said:

So what have we learned so far from this thread ?

1/ In spite of aging demographics, the level of testosterone of the simmer community is still high ;

2/ That give the most gifted of us all, the incredible ability to reconstruct in whole what will be the new simulator from the tidbits of a 1'44" clip which can be at least partially CGI ;

3/ The drawback is that, at the same time, it seems to alter their long time memory 

😏

Ha! I was thinking the exact thing for points 2 & 3. In a lot of minds, this product is already one of the most forward thinking, cutting-edge programs ever developed! 

It is fun to speculate and dream, but, oh boy, watch out when the final product is anything less that the wildest aspirations 🤪

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

2 minutes ago, Torg Smith said:

The one thing I don't like about this announcement is that it is not available now. 8O

My guess is that it won't be too long in coming. People have the attention spans of goldfish these days, so it's not a great idea to build a lot of hype and then wait ages with all that initial effort fizzling out.

Alan Bradbury

Ok, so, after a bit of sleuthing, & registering on Xbox insider, the new sim will be available from Xbox Games Pass!

(https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/...riefing-recap/)
Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox One And Windows 10 PC)
The next generation of our longest-running franchise, Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass in 2020, and coming to Xbox One at a later date. Microsoft Flight Simulator is specifically designed to celebrate flight simulation fans through a focus on the authenticity of flying and visually stunning environments. By revamping our tech, working in close collaboration with the community and pursuing the best partnerships across the industry, we intend to deliver the best-in-class flight simulation experience.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

with a monthly fee, apart from any cost of game.

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Well it is hardly a surprise that they add the old Microsoft Flight simulator tag to it. But i think it is hardly justified to analyze the video in depth. They are a year away from release so many elements that they show in this video won't have real substance behind especially the weather.

It is only a promotional video thgat shall raise interest and disrupt the competition. It is right now in reality only a promotion product for an idea.

Let's take a closer look at what we really have.

They have satellite images since they own Bing. Thy have at least from parts of the scenery a height profile and they have an AI and they have plans to go into cloud gaming. It shouldn't

surprise anyone that they find the old Flight Simulator product if they combine these elements. I think they simply approach the poroblem in stages. What thay more or less really promised is a sophisticated version of Google Earth. And I am not sure that even Microsoft has any idea how this project will develop.They simply collect data. Sure, they have the idea that it could in the long run be a full featured replacement of the old MSFS.I don't really think that it is based on the old MSFS code, They simply use their old data out of this project. And it uses the old name to promise a continuation of the old time, That's what we have right now and I think they only follow a wait and see approach.

Simply register the amount of interest and then you can modify the development according to the interest..

• Like 1

Just now, Wobbie said:

Ok, so, after a bit of sleuthing, & registering on Xbox insider, the new sim will probably be available from Xbox Games Pass!

(https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/...riefing-recap/)
Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox One And Windows 10 PC)
The next generation of our longest-running franchise, Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass in 2020, and coming to Xbox One at a later date. Microsoft Flight Simulator is specifically designed to celebrate flight simulation fans through a focus on the authenticity of flying and visually stunning environments. By revamping our tech, working in close collaboration with the community and pursuing the best partnerships across the industry, we intend to deliver the best-in-class flight simulation experience.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

with a monthly fee, apart from any cost of game.

Probably? Literally said on the video they showed at E3

kmm1ga9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Chock said:

My guess is that it won't be too long in coming. People have the attention spans of goldfish these days, so it's not a great idea to build a lot of hype and then wait ages with all that initial effort fizzling out.

I think it will spend some time in the insider program. I think after the insanity of the people spamming COCKPIT over and over in the comments of the blog posts of MS Flight, they won't do a real early access again.

Well apparently (if the rumours are true) they've been at this already development-wise for over five years.

Alan Bradbury

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

cloud-gaming was on the rise and is the future of computing.

I don't disagree with this at all. The linked article was about the current state of cloud gaming. Serious gamers are not adopting cloud-based gaming at the moment because the bandwidth/latency is not up to giving the same gaming experience as a locally-installed game. Some regions around the world could cope quite easily but most can't yet. That will obviously change at some point in the future but we're probably looking at years rather than months. There are areas in the UK that still can't get even moderately fast broadband and still depend completely on copper cables for their connection! I think that any developer who releases a complex, visually rich game that relies completely on the cloud in the next year or two is going to have a restricted market with quite a few unhappy customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Well apparently (if the rumours are true) they've been at this already development-wise for over five years.

Yeah, I am hoping that it is early 2020 instead of late 2020.