3 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Perhaps that's the AS in AS-MSG XX?

AS - Aerosoft

MGS - Microsoft Games Studios

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

By revamping our tech, working in close collaboration with the community and pursuing the best partnerships across the industry, we intend to deliver the best-in-class flight simulation experience.

The word revamping caught my eye. We're all hoping for a new game engine, but revamp hints that some of the code may be old. Based on the very Aerosoft-like A320 shown in the video, perhaps the graphics are entirely new but the aircraft modeling is fundamentally the same? This would be fine with me personally.

Boy are we all over analyzing this!

Daniel Miller

Just now, dm123 said:

and that's just the beginning, imagine what happens once they reveal more information....its going to be a fun year, thats for sure

2 minutes ago, dm123 said:

Their fault entirely! That's all we have. LOL

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Do you think that Microsoft is not aware of the demise of Flight and Flight Sim World and what caused it? Are they really that blind not to understand that the *only* reason an outdated sim like P3D thrives is due to 3rd. party support?

Yes, I am convinced that MSFS will support 3rd. party content *on the PC*. They have created the consumer flight-simulation market in the first place...

I think MS is  aware of this, and the new flight sim will probably include 3rd party aircraft for purchase (assuming they can get enough developers on board).

The fly in the ointment will be to what extent this new sim depends on the availability of streamed content, a subscription, or both, to be able to use that purchased 3rd party content. It will require a great deal of trust in MS continuing to keep those servers running. If the servers go away, so does your entire investment in payware add-ons.

Of course we don't know yet exactly what their plan is. Maybe there will be an offline mode with basic terrain for people traveling or with poor Internet connections. But if it's a requirement that you have a very fast Internet connection for it to work at all, then I predict some hesitation in the flight sim community for stocking up on expensive payware. Many of us still think of software as something we "own," as if it's a physical product. The new paradigm of software-as-service will take some getting used to.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

31 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Just a thought.... Im not sure where this community collaboration has been from MS up till now, but if we as the hobby community want to weigh in on feedback, thoughts , what we want to see, etc, then if you can, by all means sign up to the insider program.  The more people that sign up and let them know our interest, and what will make or break it, the more chance MS listens.  If there is just a very small group from the dedicated flight sim community, its kind of hard to take any feedback seriously.  IMHO

Have you been able to extract more info after applying for the Insider Program? I did (supposedly many others did) and got an acceptance mail. Now I can login, just leading to another login for Xbox Game studios and this is it. No more infos, and the forum menu entry is just idle.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The thread has gotten better, but if I was MS and read the first few pages, it wouldn’t enthuse me to engage with this community. I think ACES had the same experience here after the release of FSX.

If we want to be the target audience, we need to be a bit more positive and open to change. I’m sure that there will be parts of this new sim that we don’t like, but overall this is a brilliant piece of news for anyone who loves flight simulation.

No matter what/who the audience, MS or any company that develops anything, needs to be able to take the good with the bad, and the bad with the good. If they are only required to take the good,  they will be able to get away with developing junk for a high price.

As long as MS is developing a flight simulator designed to appeal to a wide audience, (the real world IFR flyer, the curious beginner, but especially the hardcore flight sim veteran), and provide a very useful (for advanced developers) SDK, they should feel confidant to enter and engage in any flight sim forum. 

The history cannot be forgotten, but at the same time we should give MS a chance to present a product without making assumptions that its going to fail.

If MS chooses to target the gaming/beginner audience again, we all know it will fail. I just hope whoever the lead developer is (and all the marketers and all other staff involved), they intimately know the history of all flight sims, and how they have come and gone. They also have to realize how this flight sim community has power over all flight sim developers, no matter how big or small. So if they want to succeed they will appeal to us. I don't say or mean this in a bragging way, but its is how it is. This community decides the fate of the new MSFS not the gaming industry, and not the beginner.

It is important for us all to welcome MS back with open arms, unless or until they give us a reason not to. So far, there is not enough information available to outright reject this new flight sim. We will be able to tell soon enough if this new MSFS is simply a "business decision", or stemmed from a deep passion for flight sim excellence.  

Never-the-less, I predict the speculation to reach record highs (and lows😉), that have never been seen before.😵🤣

• Like 7

Of the aircraft featured in the preview video, several are existing releases by Aerosoft that they could've adapted and upgraded for FS2020 (as I am now calling it), specifically the Airbus A320 Neo, Piper Super Cub and Robin DR.400-180. All those products have good systems and flight dynamics, which is reassuring for us being able to use it out the box without waiting for payware aircraft for more sophisticated aspects @vortex681 @pmb @ca_metal

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 minutes ago, pracines said:

No matter what/who the audience, MS or any company that develops anything, needs to be able to take the good with the bad, and the bad with the good. If they are only required to take the good,  they will be able to get away with developing junk for a high price.

As long as MS is developing a flight simulator designed to appeal to a wide audience, (the real world IFR flyer, the curious beginner, but especially the hardcore flight sim veteran), and provide a very useful (for advanced developers) SDK, they should feel confidant to enter and engage in any flight sim forum. 

The history cannot be forgotten, but at the same time we should give MS a chance to present a product without making assumptions that its going to fail.

If MS chooses to target the gaming/beginner audience again, we all know it will fail. I just hope whoever the lead developer is (and all the marketers and all other staff involved), they intimately know the history of all flight sims, and how they have come and gone. They also have to realize how this flight sim community has power over all flight sim developers, no matter how big or small. So if they want to succeed they will appeal to us. I don't say or mean this in a bragging way, but its is how it is. This community decides the fate of the new MSFS not the gaming industry, and not the beginner.

It is important for us all to welcome MS back with open arms, unless or until they give us a reason not to. So far, there is not enough information available to outright reject this new flight sim. We will be able to tell soon enough if this new MSFS is simply a "business decision", or stemmed from a deep passion for flight sim excellence.  

Never-the-less, I predict the speculation to reach record highs (and lows😉), that have never been seen before.😵🤣

I concur!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Have you been able to extract more info after applying for the Insider Program? I did (supposedly many others did) and got an acceptance mail. Now I can login, just leading to another login for Xbox Game studios and this is it. No more infos, and the forum menu entry is just idle.

Kind regards, Michael

Not as yet, but the insider FAQ says as much.   

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You really think that in 2020, MS will not monopolize the DLC for this game? What major game developer allows tons of 3rd party DLC? That's where the money is. And seriously, MS is not DTG.

But MS also sells the compilers and other tools that developers use to create 3rd party content, so they stand to make money on that front as well. They've always encouraged development in all forms. I don't think this should be a concern.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Though this announcement is fantastic, it's hard to imagine what motivates MS to get back on board with a new, hopefully full up FS considering the recent history of crash and burns of major attempts.

But hey, I am stoked.  Those crash and burns really bummed me out.  I am so ready to leave the behind the ESP look of the last 12 years, and have an exciting and compelling reason to upgrade my 6 years old computer.  Bring It On!

• Like 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Lets go with the fact that MS learned from MSFlight but also listened to the community. They went back to the drawing board, looked at what LM, Laminar and AeroFly where offering and decided to crush them with a new release. Not something that just upped the bar but got it right out of the gate in default based on what the community has been asking for.

So it was eye candy, frames, ease of use and updates and flight modeling. We can see by the teaser that they are building a sandbox that 3rd party developers would be interested in playing in. With the looks of it there might be missions that will bring in gamers but at the core of it, it looks like a dream sim that most simmers have been asking for.

They put out a cloud based sim that allows updates with ease, all 3rd party addons go through them like what Orbx is doing with AFS2 as so the addon dev's can improve their stuff at the same time the core engine can be improved effortless for the end user. The sandbox they build as default is so great that it its hard for the other sims to compete to keep users as this new sim is the best answer to having it all. Kinda like when Walmart comes in and gives the locals the biggest selections at the lowest prices and kills off all mom and pop shops. However, then you are stuck with just them and thats a bad thing.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and what this new sim will be about but as far as I can tell by the teaser video, they are going all in on grabbing a huge portion of the market place.

1 minute ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Though this announcement is fantastic, it's hard to imagine what motivates MS to get back on board with a new, hopefully full up FS considering the recent history of crash and burns of major attempts.

But hey, I am stoked.  Those crash and burns really bummed me out.  I am so ready to leave the behind the ESP look of the last 12 years, and have an exciting and compelling reason to upgrade my 6 years old computer.  Bring It On!

I think their main motivation is development and further improvement of their mapping technology, its still kind of uncharted (pun totally intended) technology earning you a LOT of money if you are the first major player offering this kind of data. I'm pretty sure the idea to create a flight sim based on this technology came afterwards. And thats why i dont think that this will just be a cashgrab by MS where they try to milk as much money out of the community as possible before they move on. They flight sim market (even including casual simmers) is way too small for a mega company like MS in order to do that. 

This will likely be a cross department project between Bing-Team, Azure-Team and MS Game Studios, to see how far they can push the technology. While there's a small risk that they might abandon FS2019 once they are happy with their mapping data progress, i believe involvement of two of MS major departments (Bing and Azure) is a good thing....this project could literally have infinite budget when looking at the scope of the entire thing