Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

After joining the insider program from reading the reply you will need to send a dxdiag report when they are ready, this could be DX12 requirement therefore windows10.    

i7 7700K 4.8 \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 minutes ago, irishsooner said:

Bring back Microsoft Train Simulator while you are at it.

Exactly the sort of thing that could ultimately benefit from linking up with the real world map data and that build out.

There are so many ways they could leverage the better and better map/building/ortho combo over time, especially in the gaming space.  The mere fact we could all benefit from the data being kept up to date over time is so huge.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, irishsooner said:

Bring back Microsoft Train Simulator while you are at it. Remember that was cancelled back around 2009. Quite surprised about new flight simulator and trying to keep positive about it after Flight and World failing. i know things are really early, no duh, but with what i see for potential scenery of the world...what about rights to that photo scenery. Example is Ireland....seems very expensive for third party developers to acquire data needed at reasonable cost. Orbx has had issues for True Earth Ireland that has been talked about in forum there.

Microsoft owns the orthoimagery provider, so it is available for free to them.

• Upvote 1

MS's foray in to railways was shortlived and through a third party (Kuju), but Dovetail ran with it and kept it supported much like LM did with P3D. Dovetail's all new Train Sim World (TSW) is a good product, just lacking in content at the moment, it deserves to do well without MS treading on their toes after a small studio took a big gamble, imo.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. Find my spec and settings in "About me" on my profile.

support1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I would love to see Train Simulator again. Man that brings back some great memories!

I used to run that Union station to Penn with the Acela over and over when I was a teenager.

UAL537.png

Clear Skies,

Brandon Mckay

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

MS's foray in to railways was shortlived and through a third party (Kuju), but Dovetail ran with it and kept it supported much like LM did with P3D. Dovetail's all new Train Sim World (TSW) is a good product, just lacking in content at the moment, it deserves to do well without MS treading on their toes after a small studio took a big gamble, imo.

I seem to remember Dovetail having an insane about of DLC that was fairly expensive.

I just signed up for the Insider Program myself and I'd like to repeat the appeal from the other poster a few pages back. The more people sign up for the Insider Program the better to show the interest and anticipation we all have here and support MSFS.

Prepar3Dv5 | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | HP Reverb 2 VR HMD | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

8 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I seem to remember Dovetail having an insane about of DLC that was fairly expensive.

Nah, only 520 addons for a few bucks

Jv6cCUM.png

I didnt track all my flightsim spendings, but i surely hope its less than that 😄

• Like 3

@Woozie Whoa..  😮

On the plus side for 3rd party devs - despite them likely not being excited about giving MS a cut - a unified and integrated 3rd party sales experience (if that were to come) would likely greatly increase sales.

So many people are fairly and rightly turned off by trying to cobble it all together and deal with installation/updates/etc

I give Orbx lots of credit for their work on that aspect of things in the last few years.  

It'd be even better if it were built right in to the platform (at least to some people it would be)

Edited by irrics

1 hour ago, irrics said:

So many people are fairly and rightly turned off by trying to cobble it all together and deal with installation/updates/etc

I would kill for a built in store/update facility for all 3rd party addons. Seems to be working quite well for DCS, i dont see any issue as long as MS' cut is fair and not threatening small dev studios. 

In order to keep up with updates for all my addons i have to monitor about 20 different sources, be it websites, email, forums, config-tool or even by randomly logging into countless customer panels just to find out if there was any update recently. It certainly helps that some addons are only being updated annually (yes, you....Pro ATC-X!)  😉

Mettar is working on something like a steam store for addons, but they will likely be too small and irrelevant in order to get the big boys on board. But when MS does something like that....

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, tonywob said:

One of the concerns regarding LM is that perhaps Microsoft so far have been turning a blind-eye to P3D's popularity as a replacement for FSX (under a more restrictive license) and the worry is that since they'll essentially be competing, are they going to start throwing their weight over this.

This horse has been around the track several times, if it's still a concern after 8 years of P3D development then it must be the slowest moving concern on the planet ... DTG nor Microsoft have at anytime attempted to challenge this "concern" at it seems to be only voiced by certain community elements for alternative reasons (aka competitive reasons).

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

DTG nor Microsoft have at anytime attempted to challenge this "concern" at it seems to be only voiced by certain community elements for alternative reasons (aka competitive reasons).

Hi Rob...welcome back!! You are way more fun as a Commercial Member than your former position. LOL!! Good to see you posting again.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.0/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP4/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/Vertx DA-62/

All I can say is I hope they fixed time tracking so there’s no clock drift, time zones are correct, and daylight saving time are finally right..........

• Upvote 1