Sign in to follow this  
gollum65

Newly reinstalled GTN 750 causes P3D to lock up (resolved)

Hi,

I purchased the RXP GTN 750 a while back and really like it.  But lately I have been flying payware airliners so I didn't need it, and after a computer crash I had lost the installer.  So today I downloaded the installer and installed the GTN again as I was wanting to use it in a freeware CRJ.  I attempted to load up P3D v 4.5 (with hotfix) and fly the aircraft, but 3 straight times the simulator stopped responding, turned "white", and it said "not responding" in the bar above the menu.  Everything else in Win 10 worked, and I was able to use the X at the top right to close P3D, after Windows asked if I wanted to wait or not (I had waited about 10 minutes before trying to close it).

So after these 3 straight lock ups (same aircraft, airport, weather conditions, etc.) I decided to look in the Windows Event Viewer.  Sure enough it was reported that P3D had stopped responding, and just moments before in each case it reported that GTN_Simulator.exe had crashed.  I can provide the event viewer log.

Would simply uninstalling and reinstalling the GTN resolve this problem or would more support be needed?

Thanks.

@gollum65
Is your Garmin GTN trainer properly installed?
See page 23 of user manual and post your log files here.

• Like 1

Yeah, you got me to thinking, I don't remember being asked to reinstall the trainer this morning, which had been installed since before the hardware failure I had.  So I uninstalled both the GTN and the trainer and reinstalled and it all seems to be working now.  Thanks!

• Like 2