Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Aerosoft's CRJ 700/900 Requires Two Additional Subscriptions?

Yeah, I know, the title is a bit clickbaitish....

I've been looking into the Aerosoft CRJ's to get a plane for short routes. Plane looks decent enough, but there doesn't seem to be a way to load FSX-Steam generaled flight plans. 

1. The NavData cyle the CRJ ships with is "out of sync" with the default one that FSX comes with. If I generate a flight plan with FSX, convert it, via LittleNavMap, to the CRJ format, I'm, assuming I'll get a "load error" in FSX.

2. If I generate a flight plan with SimBrief, then load that converted plan into the CRJ, presumably the same thing is going to happen because the NavData cycles of SimBrief and the CRJ are different. 

3. To eliminate all of these problems, I would have to update the FSX navaids with a subscription and update the Airac cycles. 

4. NOT flying with the default FSX ATC is NOT an option, as I fly 100% of my flights with FSX ATC.

Am I missing something or is there some other "workaround" I'm not aware of?

On SimBrief  you can select what Airac cycle you want to use by date. 

Match it to the crj.

3) I’ve never done that and I have no problems useing up to date cycles. Or older.

4) you lost me, use default act then?

Luke Pype

59 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

On SimBrief  you can select what Airac cycle you want to use by date. 

Match it to the crj.

Thanks, but in order to do that, I need a Navigraph subscription, correct? - which would eliminate the problem, because I could update both the CRJ and SimBrief-

I'm, in principle, not opposed to paying for Navigraph, but, dear Lord, are we getting slowly bled to death by all these subscription services.....😎

Edited by Ricardo41

No, on simbrief there is a drop down menu to select what cycle you want to use by date. So you match it to the cycle date of the crj and it all matches. Then you don’t get the “not in database” error.

Luke Pype

Sorry, ignore the above I seem to be getting mixed up with something else.

just went to simbrief and there is only 2 to choose from.

Luke Pype

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm, in principle, not opposed to paying for Navigraph, but, dear Lord, are we getting slowly bled to death by all these subscription services.....😎

You only need one subscription service if you choose the right one and unfortunately NavDataPro doesn't enjoy the support than Navigraph does.

Ernest Pergrem

After doing some testing, I've come to the conclusion that it is not possible to load an externally generated flightplan into, say, the Aerosoft CRJ, and have FSX ATC provide proper vectors. This is, I suspect, because FSX nav data is "out of sync" with the AIRAC-cycles. 

FSX will read the flight plan, but the descent and approach phases are completely messed up. 

I've bought the Qualitywings 787 which reads FSX-generated flight plans without any problems. 

Obviously, I could just ignore FSX ATC, but that wasn't the question. 

You can normally load a flight plan in to FSX even if the navdata is out of sync as I think the FSX flight plan format just reads and plots the coordinates rather than the actual points.

Obviously the departures and arrivals will be from 2006 era and as you discovered you may have issues.

The forerunner to Navigraph provided free FMS navdata updates until 2006. Unfortunately at that point the US DAFIF nav database ceased to be freely available as the government of Australia (amongst others) started lodging complaints that 'their' navdata was 'their' copyright and refused to allow it to be freely distributed. So rather than get in to international arguments DAFIF simply pulled the service.

The only way forward for any sort of FS navdata updates, therefore, was for a commercial arrangement with a commercial navdata provider and the cost of that, clearly, was going to have to be borne by the customer.

Get these to update your FSX to match the current cycle of Navigraph:

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html (World Navaids package and ILS/Rwy regional updates, monthly)

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html (Fixes update, monthly)

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html (Magvar data, only needs to be done once a year after January 1)

As long as you keep the above four updated you will not have issues with FSX ATC not matching any flight plan generated with Navigraph in mind.  To be honest I think there are better ATCs than the default one and they can also be updated using Navigraph.  You could generate flight plans without subscription services and as long as you use the four downloads above (two downloads in the first link) - the downloads are donateware (donate if you want to) - you won't necessarily have to pay a monthly subscription for plans that are in sync with the ATC.  The FMS computers are a different story - they usually require Navigraph updates.

I have three add-ons - two jets with FMCs and an ATC/flight planner software - that use Navigraph.  I have one other ATC software that I need to update monthly after I download and install the three files from the first two links above.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors