Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Aerosoft's CRJ 700/900 Requires Two Additional Subscriptions?

Yeah, I know, the title is a bit clickbaitish....

I've been looking into the Aerosoft CRJ's to get a plane for short routes. Plane looks decent enough, but there doesn't seem to be a way to load FSX-Steam generaled flight plans. 

1. The NavData cyle the CRJ ships with is "out of sync" with the default one that FSX comes with. If I generate a flight plan with FSX, convert it, via LittleNavMap, to the CRJ format, I'm, assuming I'll get a "load error" in FSX.

2. If I generate a flight plan with SimBrief, then load that converted plan into the CRJ, presumably the same thing is going to happen because the NavData cycles of SimBrief and the CRJ are different. 

3. To eliminate all of these problems, I would have to update the FSX navaids with a subscription and update the Airac cycles. 

4. NOT flying with the default FSX ATC is NOT an option, as I fly 100% of my flights with FSX ATC.

Am I missing something or is there some other "workaround" I'm not aware of?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On SimBrief  you can select what Airac cycle you want to use by date. 

Match it to the crj.

3) I’ve never done that and I have no problems useing up to date cycles. Or older.

4) you lost me, use default act then?

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

On SimBrief  you can select what Airac cycle you want to use by date. 

Match it to the crj.

Thanks, but in order to do that, I need a Navigraph subscription, correct? - which would eliminate the problem, because I could update both the CRJ and SimBrief-

I'm, in principle, not opposed to paying for Navigraph, but, dear Lord, are we getting slowly bled to death by all these subscription services.....😎

Edited by Ricardo41

No, on simbrief there is a drop down menu to select what cycle you want to use by date. So you match it to the cycle date of the crj and it all matches. Then you don’t get the “not in database” error.

Sorry, ignore the above I seem to be getting mixed up with something else.

just went to simbrief and there is only 2 to choose from.

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm, in principle, not opposed to paying for Navigraph, but, dear Lord, are we getting slowly bled to death by all these subscription services.....😎

You only need one subscription service if you choose the right one and unfortunately NavDataPro doesn't enjoy the support than Navigraph does.