Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

New MS Flight Sim Insider Program Open

From reading that and the X-Box insider forum info it appears that the new sim will be X-Box and Windows 10 PC's. No support for Windows 7. That alone kills the deal for me.........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I have had a nightmare getting signed into the Xbox screen even though I have an account and even changed my password. Had to quit due to an appointment. Will try again later, I hope everyone else will have better luck. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I'm sure the new sim, due out during 2020, will obviously NOT be optimised with an obsolete operating system, which, in itself, is not optimised for modern current hardware. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 minutes ago, chiquijr11 said:

Get ready to have your head bitten off!:blink:  Probably not the best way to start your membership here.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, W2DR said:

From reading that and the X-Box insider forum info it appears that the new sim will be X-Box and Windows 10 PC's. No support for Windows 7. That alone kills the deal for me.........Doug

Great! because you have until January 14th to upgrade. Microsoft will kill support of Win 7. the future is now.

• Like 1

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

And the good news is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Win7 to Win10 is definitely an upgrade.

Not possible to login? It request a password i neber entered 😄

Probably won't help my chances but I signed up with all my 5 emails when it opened yesterday. I'll admit, I'm desperate.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Will this be hardcore or light weight gamer fare?

spacer.png

Just now, Boomer said:

Will this be hardcore or light weight gamer fare?

That's up to the third party support to decide. P3D can be played with an Xbox controller out of the box, doesn't have a study-tier plane by default, doesn't even have a weather engine. By that definition, P3D would practically be a lightweight arcade game.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

That's up to the third party support to decide. P3D can be played with an Xbox controller out of the box, doesn't have a study-tier plane by default, doesn't even have a weather engine. By that definition, P3D would practically be a lightweight arcade game.

True enough 

spacer.png

Tried to sign up. I never got an email to verify my email address.

NAX669.png