Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

New MS Flight Sim Insider Program Open

34 minutes ago, Airboeing said:

You can change your gamertag by going to https://account.xbox.com/CustomizeProfile

Thanks!

With kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I didn't receive an additional email, but when I signed in this morning, I was greeted with my gamertag from Flight. Surprising that they had kept my account this long.

I guess by that I'm in and ready to go when they are.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I didn't receive an additional email, but when I signed in this morning, I was greeted with my gamertag from Flight. Surprising that they had kept my account this long.

I guess by that I'm in and ready to go when they are.

Seems that way. I guess we'll start getting the news letters and it will go on from there.

Do you think there's any mileage to be had in filling out the Profile page? Location, Age, Interests, etc?

I'm not messing with anything right now. I'm a wait and see person. I'm sure they will let us know when they are ready.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Good point. I'll leave well alone for now.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, Sethos said:

Your tinfoil hat is on too tight my friend. And funny you'd think using a Microsoft product in the first place makes you safe from "big brother", because you chose not to install a few updates, heh.

It's much more than just not installing a few updates my friend. This is one of the tightest, most secure Windows 7 machines on the planet. The credit goes all to my son as I could never do the magic that he can do. Good luck with Windows 10 updates 😃.  Peace.........Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

11 minutes ago, W2DR said:

It's much more than just not installing a few updates my friend. This is one of the tightest, most secure Windows 7 machines on the planet. The credit goes all to my son as I could never do the magic that he can do. Good luck with Windows 10 updates 😃.  Peace.........Doug

Loll, & Google knows ALL about you, & your GPS tracks you..

Yip, Tin foil hats are very popular at the moment.

Windows 7 is obviously not compliant to MFS!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

10 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Loll, & Google knows ALL about you, & your GPS tracks you..

Yip, Tin foil hats are very popular at the moment.

Windows 7 is obviously not compliant to MFS!

And yet another person who doesn't understand how the virtual world works................sigh

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, W2DR said:

From reading that and the X-Box insider forum info it appears that the new sim will be X-Box and Windows 10 PC's. No support for Windows 7. That alone kills the deal for me.........Doug

Windows 7 is dead.  Will be out of support for good in 6 months. Most folks aren't looking to use a 10 year old OS without most modern security features.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, neil0311 said:

Windows 7 is dead.  Will be out of support for good in 6 months. Most folks aren't looking to use a 10 year old OS without most modern security features.

Sigh......................

20 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Hi, Doug!  I'll see your Sigh and raise ya 2!  I don't think my second Sigh came out the right end!:wacko:

index.png

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, W2DR said:

Sigh what? 

I'm not trying to get into an argument with anyone, but what did I say that's not factually true?  I've been simming since the 1980s and been a member of Avsim (not that active) since 2004. 

There have always been a group of folks here who hate any change. Remember the folks who wouldn't upgrade to XP SP1?  Many of the same folks who now cling to Windows 7 were the same ones who ranted about never upgrading to Windows 7, clinging to Windows XP.

So not my place to tell anyone what to do, but WIndows 10 has been out now for 4 years, almost half its supported lifetime. It's where Microsoft is investing all their efforts. It's also the platform that Lockheed Martin uses for Prepar3d and where they will continue to optimize for moving forward.

To each their own, but don't make it seem like I'm the one who's out of the mainstream.

Edited by neil0311
  • Upvote 2

The problem going forward and FSDT has touched on this P3Dv4+ SDK allows dev`s to develop with more improved tools that are not fully supported by W7, if you want improvement you cannot stand still.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg