Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

New MS Flight Sim Insider Program Open

Signed in got an instant email verification and a reply " Thank you for joining the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program"  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Get ready to have your head bitten off!:blink:  Probably not the best way to start your membership here.

Why is that? Do we really expect Microsoft to unveil a new product for an operating system that's 10-years old in October and that has been marked as "end of life" for support? Especially when they started they were only going to offer support for 10-years?

I love Windows 7 as much as the next user but it'd be odd to expect new products from Microsoft to offer Windows 7 support when they very well may release after the EoS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I have had a nightmare getting signed into the Xbox screen even though I have an account and even changed my password. Had to quit due to an appointment. Will try again later, I hope everyone else will have better luck. 

I’m able to login with my Microsoft account but then I’m directed to a password page which doesn’t accept my password.  I’m wondering if it’s not up and running yet.

I for one am happy to see W7 left behind, cant keep pandering to the past with backward compatibility stifling progress.

• Like 3

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I for one am happy to see W7 left behind, cant keep pandering to the past with backward compatibility stifling progress.

+1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

22 minutes ago, soloraj said:

I’m able to login with my Microsoft account but then I’m directed to a password page which doesn’t accept my password.  I’m wondering if it’s not up and running yet.

Same here...my Microsoft account login is fine but I've no idea what xbox password it's looking for. It's not my Microsoft password.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Same here...my Microsoft account login is fine but I've no idea what xbox password it's looking for. It's not my Microsoft password.

It's clearly a gate they put up, meant for testers or for the developers. Look at the page's title as well.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

31 minutes ago, seatbackpocket said:

Why is that? Do we really expect Microsoft to unveil a new product for an operating system that's 10-years old in October and that has been marked as "end of life" for support? Especially when they started they were only going to offer support for 10-years?

I love Windows 7 as much as the next user but it'd be odd to expect new products from Microsoft to offer Windows 7 support when they very well may release after the EoS.

Yes, that's just the reality. There is no way that Microsoft will officially a support an OS that they have declared obsolete. Maybe MSFS will run, maybe it won't, but if you're still on Win 7 you've got to accept it's getting near the end of its life. Time to move on, just as we did from Win 3.1/Win 95/Win98 etc.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

It's clearly a gate they put up, meant for testers or for the developers. Look at the page's title as well.

I think we're all in the same boat here. Perhaps they will send some or all of us a password via email. But based on a quick google, I don't think there's any way to set up an Xbox Game Studio password (and, as mentioned, it's not the same as your Microsoft password).

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I have had a nightmare getting signed into the Xbox screen even though I have an account and even changed my password. Had to quit due to an appointment. Will try again later, I hope everyone else will have better luck. 

Odd Charlie! I had no trouble getting signed up yesterday afternoon. I did have to change my password however, since I hadn't signed in for several years and honestly forgot my darn password! :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I think we're all in the same boat here. Perhaps they will send some or all of us a password via email. But based on a quick google, I don't think there's any way to set up an Xbox Game Studio password (and, as mentioned, it's not the same as your Microsoft password).

Not quite sure I follow, you are not meant to get past that screen, if we're talking about the white password screen. That's for internal use. You just type in your email, confirm and then wait.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

18 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Not quite sure I follow, you are not meant to get past that screen, if we're talking about the white password screen. That's for internal use. You just type in your email, confirm and then wait.

Is it for internal use? It just says "Welcome Visitor", and has a login beneath it. I'm not convinced that this is where Satya Nadella et al log in for work. I was hoping we might get access to somewhere with more content - now, or more likely later - but I'm purely speculating and have no idea how they're going to run this!

Welcome Visitor
Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Is it for internal use? It just says "Welcome Visitor", and has a login beneath it. I'm not convinced that this is where Satya Nadella et al log in for work. I was hoping we might get access to somewhere with more content - now, or more likely later - but I'm purely speculating and have no idea how they're going to run this

Yes, the login button just takes you to a site that requires a custom password. There is nothing yet, the site is also completely barebone and has a lot of placeholder material. You can read a few pages and sign up for the insider program, that's it.

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Odd Charlie! I had no trouble getting signed up yesterday afternoon. I did have to change my password however, since I hadn't signed in for several years and honestly forgot my darn password! :biggrin:

And who you are quoting!:blink:  Maybe Rick is my long, lost missing twin brother??:wacko:👴

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Perhaps Flight was just a glimmer...  First thoughts I had when hearing it may be cloud based are: Is it in real time?  Will all of us be out there flying together in one environment?  Real space; real time; real wx, real traffic? 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere