Sign in to follow this  
Guest thscholz

Profiles?

Guest JoJoDawg

I wondering if there is a chance we can possibly see joystick user profiles in FSX? I was just recently trying to learn how to fly helicopters and was having problems with my X45 and my CH yoke & rudders working together. The problem was having two axis mapped to the throttle. So I had to remove the ch assignment to get it to work.So I was thinking about how much easier it would be if I had a user profile so I could save the joystick setting and be able to switch everything back without having to do it manually.

Guest tdragger

I just blogged about how you can already do this. Just create multiple CFG files with the settings you want for each "profile" and use it to launch FS.

I might just be over-medicated, but is there a delay on those new blog entries showing up? I refreshed and everything, and I still see the "Glance" post as the first one.

Any chance of control profiles on the fly?Particularly given the wide range of options availble with newer controllers.I have a CH throttle quadrant.For a heavy I can set it up for 4 engines, spoilers and flaps.For a twin prop I can set up 2 throttles, 2 mixture and 2 prop.However even given this /cfg method I still need to exit and restart if I want to change from a heavy to a twin prop.And if I have a number of different setups - single jet using the HOTAS, Helo etc. I could end up with oddles of /cfg shortcuts.

Guest thscholz

>Any chance of control profiles on the fly?>Particularly given the wide range of options availble with>newer controllers.>>I have a CH throttle quadrant.>For a heavy I can set it up for 4 engines, spoilers and>flaps.>For a twin prop I can set up 2 throttles, 2 mixture and 2>prop.>>However even given this /cfg method I still need to exit and>restart if I want to change from a heavy to a twin prop.>And if I have a number of different setups - single jet using>the HOTAS, Helo etc. I could end up with oddles of /cfg>shortcuts.>That's what I had proposed here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2491&page=CheersThomas