Sign in to follow this  
magicaviation

Big Ballerman, Mallorca-Frankfurt Condor 767

magic, any chance of posting instructions for this merge? A few of us have been struggling with getting this to work / appear in-sim. Thx!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 6/10/2019 at 1:41 PM, magicaviation said:

merged skysim767 freeware with qw757

regards

How did you merge it with the QW757?  I have the QW787....  Or will it merge with one of the default aircraft or work by itself?  I want the Condor aircraft, it flies out of Sky Harbor non-stop to Frankfurt....

John

22 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

How did you merge it with the QW757?  I have the QW787....  Or will it merge with one of the default aircraft or work by itself?  I want the Condor aircraft, it flies out of Sky Harbor non-stop to Frankfurt....

John

On 6/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, sddjd said:

magic, any chance of posting instructions for this merge? A few of us have been struggling with getting this to work / appear in-sim. Thx!

Hello,

I followed a tutorial on youtube to do it, simply modify aicraft.cfg, paste model file and relink to QW757 for interiors, that´s all

Qq5iYf9.jpg

I'm finding nothing on Youtube related to the QW757 and SS767. Do you have a link? None of the standard methods are working for this combo here...

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

I could not even get the model to appear in the aircraft selection page, it did not seem to be P3D 4.5 compatible, so I do not know which model to even download, I can only find an FS2004/FSX model in our library.

John

Magic: your P3D airliner pictures are always outstanding...especially here considering the FW SkySim 767. Of course your peripheral scenery etc. also add to the impression. I was flying SkySim a lot back in early days, and now flying both LVLD/CS 767 in FSX-SE, but I can see why folks with P3D are eager to recreate these images of this plane, with which many of us have had a long love-affair...🙂...since the LVLD days....

If you could provide a bit of more pointers to the exact models etc., that would be much appreciated. I would personally also like to try it on FSX-SE. 

Again, great shots here! Thanks for posting this set.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, John_Cillis said:

I could not even get the model to appear in the aircraft selection page, it did not seem to be P3D 4.5 compatible, so I do not know which model to even download, I can only find an FS2004/FSX model in our library.

John

I had similar issues, eventually found the X models on skysim’s Update page that will display in v4. However, the qw lcd gauges are qw model dependent and won’t start up when another aircraft model is linked. 

The shots are beautiful but it appears the model combo is something OTHER than what is described. Countless other users are attempting the same and searching the web for methods without success. 

Don’t get me wrong, I really want it to be possible, but I’m filing this one under hoax until some facts are posted to support it.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

2 hours ago, sddjd said:

I had similar issues, eventually found the X models on skysim’s Update page that will display in v4. However, the qw lcd gauges are qw model dependent and won’t start up when another aircraft model is linked. 

The shots are beautiful but it appears the model combo is something OTHER than what is described. Countless other users are attempting the same and searching the web for methods without success. 

Don’t get me wrong, I really want it to be possible, but I’m filing this one under hoax until some facts are posted to support it.

You can fix the issue and use the default aircraft.....  Go into the model.cfg for each aircraft variant and change the interior model to match the normal model.  You will not have a VC but otherwise you can pop up the 2d panel and the aircraft flies quite well.  You will need to set up a new forward view and the wing views by going into "Manage Cameras" and adding and saving the cams after you have adjusted the view point and in the case of the wing views, the view angle.  I have a thread I posted in the forum about these changes.  Also you can get the 787 on Skysims update page and do the same, and the same method works for POSKY's 737 series, of which I have just one livery, the SWA 737-700 since I have flown on it often IRL.

I know one must sacrifice the VC but for me slaving a VC from another aircraft does not work anyway, I wanted the 767 just for the sake of nostalgia and showing the Condor livery, since they fly non-stop from where I live in Phoenix to Frankfurt, seasonally.

Hope my posts (and my screenshots post) helps if you are still interested...

John

Edit: Here is a link to my Phoenix/Condor 767 post:

Edited by John_Cillis

**Great Series**

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

What a lovely set! 👏

So... Sky Spirit model with a Skysim paint?

...looks like a RR engine gauges (cockpit) for a PW model no? 😜