Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

MSFS - Default Aircraft

Hi chaps,

I've watched the trailer quite a few times now - what a great show! - and taken some screencaps for further asessmnent.

It seems that there's a very good range of default aircraft. 

Here's the aircraft that I think we can see, based on my observations and the comments of others elsewhere on the web:

Diamond DA-62 (is that shot in the hangar in-game??).

Airbus A320 Neo - in cockpit shots, and pushback at LAX, takeoff and landing. I'm thinking all the other twin-engine jets parked at LAX are also A320s? It seems that MSFS really likes this plane, or they know that we want a jet!

TBM 930 - beautiful shot from the front, that's the 2nd shot that I'm not 100% sure is standard in-game footage.There's also some in-flight-shots.

Mudry CAP 10 stunt aircraft.

Super Cub.

Icon A5 - looking out the right window at the city. (ugh, memories of the Wedding Boat mission. 😞)

There's also some other GA aircraft. There's a Robin DR400, and I've seen opinions that the others are a Cessna Grand Caravan, a Beechcraft Bonanza and a C172. 

To my mind, this is a pretty strong launch line-up of aircraft, with a good-looking jet and some very useful GA options. The trailer is missing military aircraft of any sort, and there's no definite evidence of Boeings here, which is odd for MSFS.

What do you think of the selection? Have they learnt from the mistakes of Flight? What other aircraft types should we be suggesting during the alpha/beta period?

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

It's good but it needs a helicopter too. hopefully with decent flight dynamics and not what FSX/P3D offers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Great scenery demands a great helicopter! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

We got a rotary wing aircraft for Aerofly FS2 eventually...hopefully it won't take MIcrosoft that long!

Aerofly is probably not a bad example of the sort of aircraft one might expect here. Well-modelled planes without full systems (thought the Aerofly planes have more depth than most realize). I'm hoping the A320 Neo's MCDU has moderate functionality, and that the Garmin G1000 here is decently implemented.

KittyHawk_E3_withLogo_007-1.jpg

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

DIAMOND DA-62

capture.jpg

CESSNA C208 GRAND CARAVAN

capture7.jpg

MURDY CAP 10

capture6.jpg

PIPER SUPER CUB

capture5.jpg

ICON A5

capture4.jpg

AIRBUS A320 NEO (Lots of them!)

capture3.jpg

TBM 930

capture2.jpg

ROBIN DR400

capture9.jpg

Edited by simmerhead
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Your images require Wordpress login to view, Simmerhead

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Your images require Wordpress login to view, Simmerhead

Sorry. Solved now.

• Upvote 1

Rotary wing is what's missing, but low-level flight also exposes all the little cracks and flaws in an ortho-based scenery approach. So that may be a later addition. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

By the way... all the planes have the registration AS-MGS on the tail.

AS is Aerosoft ?

MGS is Microsoft Game Studios?

Any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Heimi said:

By the way... all the planes have the registration AS-MGS on the tail.

AS is Aerosoft ?

MGS is Microsoft Game Studios?

Any thoughts?

It's got to be a secret message of some sort. Maybe AS stands for ACES... 

Very excited there's a Robin DR400, been clamouring after a good one in P3Dv4 for ages as it's a reasonably quick single piston prop with excellent visibility for sight seeing! Hopefully it's a late model 180 variant they've modelled, although the radios suggest it's an older one in need of a GPS retrofit!

For those unfamiliar with the DR.400 it has a large sliding canopy (some are a full bubble), docile handling thanks to wing dihedral but still remains responsive with stick controls and being quiet and comfortable thanks to its wooden frame. They are very popular GA birds in Europe.

Given the speculated Aerosoft involvement it's likely this an updated version of their Robin DR400 X product, that would be nice because the Aerosoft has much better systems than the Lionheart, but the Lionheart looked a lot better. And I could never bring myself to compromise on either aspect nor get the merged satisfactory so ended up not flying either and flying the TB-20 instead.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

It's a good selection of aeroplanes on show but of course it might not be all of what is planned or even already included. With regard to the A320 being prominent in the video, there is of course the possibility that there is a 737 in the mix too, but maybe the 737 was deemed a bit sensitive at the moment, what with the type currently being grounded. Who knows? Some of it will be down to licensing too of course in these litigious days. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Given Microsoft licenced ESP to Lockheed Martin, arch rival of Boeing, I wouldn't be surprised if that's one reason they haven't been able to conclude a licencing agreement with Boeing for the new MSFS (aside from cost) - although this is just a hypothesis based on the complete lack of Boeing content shown thus far.

LM was forced to pull all Beechcraft from P3D after Textron bought it (the same people who own Cessna, who are also missing in P3D).

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yup. All that brand stuff gets annoying but it is unfortunately the world we live in. Boeing 717 and McDonnell-Douglas DC-3? Yeah right! We all know their real names. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

All this legal mumbo-jumbo is probably the reason why we are seeing exotic birds like Icon, TBM, Diamond, Robin and Murdy...