Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

MSFS - Default Aircraft

I wouldn't call Robin exotic! Maybe if you live State side perhaps? Cessna and Diamond are fairly big names too. TBM is also very popular.

Maule, Murdy and Ikon are a bit more obscure

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, Heimi said:

By the way... all the planes have the registration AS-MGS on the tail.

AS is Aerosoft ?

MGS is Microsoft Game Studios?

Any thoughts?

Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft said the following on their forums few minutes ago:

"We have absolutely nothing to comment or say about this. Sorry."

1 hour ago, marcus11 said:

Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft said the following on their forums few minutes ago:

"We have absolutely nothing to comment or say about this. Sorry."

I saw it and made me think he's under NDA...

• Upvote 1

All this legal mumbo-jumbo is probably the reason why we are seeing exotic birds like Icon, TBM, Diamond, Robin and Murdy...

Don't forget the flamingos! :wink:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I saw it and made me think he's under NDA...

Or alternatively just exactly what he meant to say, they knew nothing about it and therefore there is nothing to say..😉.

S.

I somewhat suspect it's going to be another MS Flight fiasco. A game for casual simmers rather than most of us. I'd like to be proved wrong, but once bitten...

The other problem is, most of us are now heavily invested in P3D - I wonder what the uptake would be even if it is a hard-core sim..? Perhaps only if its easy to port/modify existing add-ons to be compatible..

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

47 minutes ago, severniae said:

The other problem is, most of us are now heavily invested in P3D - I wonder what the uptake would be even if it is a hard-core sim..? Perhaps only if its easy to port/modify existing add-ons to be compatible..

Those worried about that can stay in P3D, where they are supposely happy since they invested so much in it and not drag down development of other games because they are not ready to play more than a sim and invest money on other addons 😛

That's how i think about it at least. Retro-compatibility has always been a bad thing for the development of the platforms and is more of a drag than anything. I can't use my favourite plane in a platform? patience, i'll buy something else for it and enjoy it too. Or stick to the platform which has what i want to play with.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Anyone cracked this aircraft yet?

capture26.jpg

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

23 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Anyone cracked this aircraft yet?

capture26.jpg

Bonanza A36 or B36 maybe.

Is that not the wing of that aerobatic plane that we see looping around Seattle?

3 hours ago, severniae said:

I somewhat suspect it's going to be another MS Flight fiasco. A game for casual simmers rather than most of us. I'd like to be proved wrong, but once bitten...

I prefer to think my glass is half full, and, I have bites all over me! But each dive into the unknown was great while it lasted. Let's keep hope alive, in the end it's all we have.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Bonanza A36 or B36 maybe.

18 minutes ago, irrics said:

Is that not the wing of that aerobatic plane that we see looping around Seattle?

Don't think so. Look at that thing on the wing (looks like a fueltank).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

13 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Don't think so. Look at that thing on the wing (looks like a fueltank).

Looks like it to me:

Right%20Wing%20close%20up%20N324P_0.jpg?

But I might be wrong.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think that's pretty dang spot on.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB