LOS ANGELES (LAX), USA

capture3.jpg

DUBAI, UAE

capture15.jpg

SEATTLE, USA

capture6.jpg

COURCHEVEL, FRANCE

capture16.jpg

The opening shot looks very much like Hawaii, but hard to confirm due to all the lovely clouds. 

Edited by simmerhead
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The Barringer meteor crater in Arizona

c2KgjjC.jpg

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The shot labeled GRAND CANYON, USA is actually Page Arizona and Glen and Marble Canyons.  Horseshoe Bend is in the center of the shot and a small part of Lake Powell is on the right.

Google Maps reference:

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.8938331,-111.2435471,28352a,35y,270h,36.61t/data=!3m1!1e3

Info now corrected so disregard this post.

Edited by TPerson
  • Like 1

Appeared to me the trailer went back and forth from footage of real world to footage from simulator.  To compare and contrast.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'll be perfectly content flying over any of them. I will be thrilled if these pics are truly representative of the actual product.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Saw the papoose range outside Area 51 at 51s into the video. Wonder if they did that on purpose? 😉

Edited by J0nx

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

9 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Saw the papoose range outside Area 51 at 51s into the video. Wonder if they did that on purpose? 😉

This?

capture24.jpg

• Like 1

Yes

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

The scene with the baseball stadium is Houston.

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

This picture shows part of the French Cote d’Azur

MSFS-6.jpg

And this one is Chateau d’If (I’ve been there), a fortress (later a prison) located on the island of If, some 1.5 km away from Marseille, part of which can be seen in the background

MSFS-17.jpg

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

16 hours ago, Chandler said:

The scene with the baseball stadium is Houston.

capture28.jpg

When you take a closer look at the Houston stadium, it's just amazing to see the details inside the stadium, not just the cars in front of it

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

San Francisco (Oakland Bay Bridge ahead)

capture4.jpg

Aaaw, and nobody recognized the flamingo scene and the Ngong Mountains (giraffes scene) in the Rift Valley (where they buried Finch Hatton) from the 1985 "Out of Africa" movie?

4 minutes ago, meerkat said:

Aaaw, and nobody recognized the flamingo scene and the Ngong Mountains (giraffes scene) in the Rift Valley (where they buried Finch Hatton) from the 1985 "Out of Africa" movie?

Nope, but that is great spotting! :) 

I've always wanted to fly in Africa, but until now there's never been any good scenery for it. Lets hope Microsoft nails it! 

• Like 5