Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

E3-Trailer Scenery Locations?

On 6/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, fppilot said:

Appeared to me the trailer went back and forth from footage of real world to footage from simulator.  To compare and contrast.

That's why they had to put the title that it was done in REAL TIME from IN GAME so people know they are looking at rendered game footage.  It shows that frames are also great which is hard to believe with all the immersion of it and I just hope this is not add ons but all out of the box. 

• Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 6/11/2019 at 5:41 PM, carmined said:

That's why they had to put the title that it was done in REAL TIME from IN GAME so people know they are looking at rendered game footage.  It shows that frames are also great which is hard to believe with all the immersion of it and I just hope this is not add ons but all out of the box. 

Disregard.

Edited by TPerson
Duplicate Information

Here's something that should get people excited that they aren't just juicing up a few areas but that Azure can actually render a ton of cities in incredible detail.

One of the shots in the trailer (the one over the stadium) is Houston. Houston is not a city any simulator ever really cares about. I highly doubt, out of all the places in the U.S., they chose Houston to doll up for this trailer.

You can also see some seams in the scenery, meaning that it seems to be dynamic and not hand designed.

Source data will of course be important, but seriously, is anyone going to complain if we still get to see large swaths of the planet in detail never seen before, mixed in with landclass? Nothing can ever be perfect.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

im in Los Angeles  now but was in Houston for years and that stadium shot got my attention , it looks niceeeee And i dont care that the traffic in the streets is not accurate , just the fact that this thing can render all of this is amazing ......

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Where's this one at do we think? (or know)

Love seeing all the city/street lighting off in the distance..

KittyHawk_E3_003-min.jpg

Edited by irrics

1 hour ago, irrics said:

Where's this one at do we think? (or know)

Love seeing all the city/street lighting off in the distance..

KittyHawk_E3_003-min.jpg

KLAX approaching 07R.

You can just make out The Theme Building silhouette behind a very bland AA maintenance hangar  (United's hangar is not depicted in 3D) and TBIT.

06L and 06R are way over to the left of the pic.
Imperial Hwy over to the right of 07R. Hawthorne Municipal runway lights below the right engine.

Edited by F737NG
Took me a little while to figure it out
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Anyone know where that scene with the huge thunderhead over the coastline is from?

That'd be interesting to know since that scene is completely autogen. Might be able to get an idea of how they are doing what they are doing.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bonchie said:

Anyone know where that scene with the huge thunderhead over the coastline is from?

That'd be interesting to know since that scene is completely autogen. Might be able to get an idea of how they are doing what they are doing.

That could be Lynden Pindling International Airport in the Bahamas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, James Britnell said:

That could be Lynden Pindling International Airport in the Bahamas.

Well done! I spent quite a while trying to find that one yesterday without luck. I was looking in the right place but you've nailed that.

fdfffg.jpg

Amazing what kind of intel this community can gather! Thanks folks! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

18 hours ago, F737NG said:

KLAX approaching 07R.

You can just make out The Theme Building silhouette behind a very bland AA maintenance hangar  (United's hangar is not depicted in 3D) and TBIT.

06L and 06R are way over to the left of the pic.
Imperial Hwy over to the right of 07R. Hawthorne Municipal runway lights below the right engine.

Would this be KLAX as well then?

c22.jpg?w=1700

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

10 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Would this be KLAX as well then?

Sure looks like it.
Approach to 24R, ILS freq. 108.5, even though the picture shows it tuned into standby rather than active on NAV1.
Also, the North Tower ATC freq. of 133.9 is dialled in on COM1.

(Thank you Navigraph Charts!)

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 6/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, simmerhead said:

This?

capture24.jpg

Desert Peak, Not to be confused with Deseret Peak nearby. Desert Peak is west of Salt Lake, and still within Utah. It definitely reminded me of Nevada.

Below is a Google Earth snapshot I took from about the same perspective as the trailer.

Hggw9jo.jpg

And here is a link to the location in Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1238095,-113.3637147,11.46z/data=!5m1!1e4

• Like 2