Sign in to follow this  
SCEL_Man

Problems with Tomatoshade on P3DV4.5

Good evening guys

I looked everywhere around the forum, but it seems to me I'm the only one having this problem 😕

So, I went from PTA to try Tomatoshade as it looked quite promising on the screenshots I saw. I followed the instructions, loaded up one of the presets that came with it, but now after I load up an scenery I only get a black screen and just the sound of the engines of my plane. 

I'm using P3DV4.5 and the last version of Tomatoshade, but I haven't installed the Hotfix for 4.5 and when I updated from 4.4, I just updated the Client. I don't know if that might be the issue. 

What else can I do? 😟

Thanks in advance guys

Probably the wrong person to answer this since I'm still on FSX but have you tried deleting the shaders and allowing P3D to re-build them?

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

21 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Probably the wrong person to answer this since I'm still on FSX but have you tried deleting the shaders and allowing P3D to re-build them?

I have. Same results. Now I'll try restoring the original shaders with tomatoshade. 

Ok, so restoring the original shaders did the trick, but now I have no shaders at all, just the standard ones.

I think I'll try installing the hotfix to see if it fixes something

So, tried different shaders with tomatoshade, but without installing the hotfix. Still black screen 😞

I know that it can take a while for the new shaders to recompile. What you describe sounds like this is whats happening. Have you let it run for a bit to see if it comes good?

Murray Dreyer

1 hour ago, mdreyer said:

I know that it can take a while for the new shaders to recompile. What you describe sounds like this is whats happening. Have you let it run for a bit to see if it comes good?

Well, one of the times I tried, I took a nap and, an hour after I started, it was still a black screen 😑

28 minutes ago, SCEL_Man said:

Well, one of the times I tried, I took a nap and, an hour after I started, it was still a black screen 😑

Ah, well they definitely wouldn't take that long! 😉 I hope you get it sorted.

Murray Dreyer

I think TS v 30 has specific shader tweaks for 4.5hf only, I would guess the problem is that you need to get P3d updated 

7 hours ago, kand said:

I think TS v 30 has specific shader tweaks for 4.5hf only, I would guess the problem is that you need to get P3d updated 

Makes sense. I think I'll also update the Content and Scenery.

There is a hint within Tomatoshade's own preset, that after installing the new shaders you must first start a flight in P3D with a night setting, clear weather and no AS active, in order to have correctly compiled shaders.

Have you tried that?

2 hours ago, meerkat said:

There is a hint within Tomatoshade's own preset, that after installing the new shaders you must first start a flight in P3D with a night setting, clear weather and no AS active, in order to have correctly compiled shaders.

Have you tried that?

Hi!

Just tried that. Same results. Even waited for like two hours 😣