Sign in to follow this  
Sky56

Transition from FSX to P3D

Hello all,

I have recently purchased p3d liscense and I am really excited go discover what it has to offer. However, I am little worried because I have bought a ton of addons for fsx. Now I know about the migration tool but does not know what all addons of fsx it supports to be converted to p3d addons. 

here is the list of my addons that i am worried about.

1. Ezdok

2. F1 Gtn compelete

3. Orbx global

4. FSDT GSX

5. PMDG 777/ 737/ 747

6. Imaginesim VIDP/ VHHH/ 

7. My Traffic X 5.4c Professional 

Please Let me know if I can convert these to P3D version. 

thanks!

1)  ver 2 is still available but no longer in development, you have an option to get ver3 with a coupon.

2) you need ver 2.10 with the latest Gamin Trainer ver 6.50.1

that's assuming you are using P3D ver 4.5 hf1

bob

Edited by onebob

The P3D versions of PMDG aircraft are entirely different products, so you can't carry them over from FSX. PMDG recommends P3Dv4.4 at least.

FSDT's GSX carries over nicely. All I had to do was run the installer again, selecting P3Dv4, and it found my FSX license and activated for P3Dv4 on its own.

I don't own Orbx Global, but their airports were easy to move with the Orbx FTX Central tool. 

I can't speak to the rest.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

8 minutes ago, Yoda967 said:

I don't own Orbx Global, but their airports were easy to move with the Orbx FTX Central tool. 

For Orbx Global, FTX Central will install automatically the files for P3D.

And the good news is that there is no upgrade to pay.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

Thanks for replying guys,

But with ORBX, when I run the installer, it asks me to choose the version. And nothing is listed. Because of which the NEXT button does not get activated. This was not the problem with FSX. What is going wrong?

22 minutes ago, Sky56 said:

But with ORBX, when I run the installer, it asks me to choose the version. And nothing is listed.

The version of... P3D?

- TONY -

Have you installed FTX central 3 as mention by 'Simco'

bob

Hey guys,

I finally installed orbx and other addons. However, my p3d v4.5 is lagging. If i click a button on mouse, it will work after a second. this happens even if i am selecting something from my menu option. 

Also, my fps is very low. even eith low settings.

I am using macbook pro with Intel i5 2.7 Ghz and intel graphics 4gb ram. Have installed windows on this computer. 

FSX was working like a charm but i dont know what is happening to p3d.

I have installed p3d in C:\Program filesx86 microsoft games.

Is that causing lag?

44 minutes ago, Sky56 said:

I am using macbook pro with Intel i5 2.7 Ghz and intel graphics 4gb ram. Have installed windows on this computer. 

I would recommend you do some research (here and elsewhere) on running P3D on a Mac.  It appears you will get better performance running Windows with Bootcamp than with Parallels, but you haven't mentioned which method you're using. 

Not trying to be negative here, just realistic.  You will not have excellent performance with your specs using all the goodies you mentioned above without turning Settings way down.  But you should have better performance with Bootcamp.

Edit:  It is recommended to install P3D outside the default Windows location.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Not sure that system can run p3d..

FSX is less demanding..

Bert

I have bootcamp with which I am running windows. The only problem is that the P3D is lagging. Literally everything happens after 1 or 2 secs. Whatever input I give to the software happens after 2 secs. Wether it is changing view or selecting something from menu, anything.

Run Windows Task Manager and look at the "Performance" tab to see where the bottleneck is taking place.  If either the CPU or GPU are pegged at 100%, there's the problem.  Probably the GPU, but can't be sure.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64