Sign in to follow this  
sanookBKK

FO often drunk

I always had FO sometime misunderstanding something but lately it has been worse.

FO keeps doing doing things that i don't ask or doing thing totally unconsistent with what I say.

Example;

me - take off checklist

FO - take off checklist, cancel checklist , adirs 1 off ,adirs 2 off adirs3 off

OR

me - Taxi flow

FO- Taxi flow, slats retracted , cancel flow, hey i have only two hands boss, slats retracted, slats retracted...etc etc

This is quite disturbing especially when he turns off the adirs just before take-off or for example when he retracts the flaps when you are at 500 ft on final.

Something he likes to do also is when you are on final at 140 kt and say "landing checklist" he answers speed 2-4-3 and turn the speed knob to set 243. It disconnects the APP mode and it takes him a while

to setup the 243 speed, and for me to correct the speed, well most of the time it is a go around.

-And sometimes I can have a smooth as silk flight where he understands almost everything and do not get crazy.

This happened on both the FSLABS A320 and QW787. I re-did the MCE speech exercise but not to avail...

Edited by sanookBKK

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, sanookBKK said:

I always had FO sometime misunderstanding something but lately it has been worse.

FO keeps doing doing things that i don't ask or doing thing totally unconsistent with what I say.

Example;

me - take off checklist

FO - take off checklist, cancel checklist , adirs 1 off ,adirs 2 off adirs3 off

OR

me - Taxi flow

FO- Taxi flow, slats retracted , cancel flow, hey i have only two hands boss, slats retracted, slats retracted...etc etc

This is quite disturbing especially when he turns off the adirs just before take-off or for example when he retracts the flaps when you are at 500 ft on final.

Something he likes to do also is when you are on final at 140 kt and say "landing checklist" he answers speed 2-4-3 and turn the speed knob to set 243. It disconnects the APP mode and it takes him a while

to setup the 243 speed, and for me to correct the speed, well most of the time it is a go around.

-And sometimes I can have a smooth as silk flight where he understands almost everything and do not get crazy.

This happened on both the FSLABS A320 and QW787. I re-did the MCE speech exercise but not to avail...

In general, it's not a good idea to retrain the same speech profile over and over. From experience, it tends to make things worse.

It's best to create a brand new speech profile and train it from scratch

One session per topic should be enough.

I assume all audio is routed to headphones, including engines sounds. If not, read this

Sometimes it's good to disconnect USB headset touch the USB connector, then re-plug it after it has been left plugged for a long while.

Barring that, possibly linked to speech profile that may not be adequate when ambient noise conditions change.

He's not supposed to turn ADIRS off or other critical actions  without prompt to confirm, at least not when airborne.

Does the noise in your flight sim room vary a lot during the day?

Did you acquire a new headset?