Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Free real time flight map

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

With EFB is there a way to import Flight Plans from it to the PMDG birds?

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

With EFB is there a way to import Flight Plans from it to the PMDG birds?

Afraid not. I use PFPX for that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FWIW I used to use EFB (v1 and v2 trial) but now just LNM as it does just about everything EFB does and it is free ( but payware quality).

bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

4 hours ago, lownslo said:

I use Little NavMap for flight planning and FltPlan Go on an iPad for a moving map display.  FltPlan Go also has an Android app.

Greg

X2

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So am I to understand that freeware LNM is just as good as the overpriced EFB?

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Its good really good. I dont use EFB anymore. There is a forum here for LNM check it out.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

34 minutes ago, Boomer said:

To your mind, how is this software overpriced?  Do you have information pertaining to the time/energy expended by the author?  Can you reference a negative review? Can you show a significant delta between this product and competing software?  Have you taken a look at the latest NAVIGRAPH option?  How about the outdated FSCOMANDER ? To many, this software is invaluable and worth the price, To that end, how about you take 5 minutes and offer some tangible data to support your notion?  

Again, EFB is a great piece of software and worth the money. The author offers a 30 day, unrestricted free trial; that’s more than fair...

• Like 1

Matt King

Matt, me thinks you be a little biased in your feedback, calm down brother. .

• Like 1

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Who is Matt?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

25 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Just the opposite, sir. I notice you tend to make emotional statements without offering ANY supporting content. I’m simply asking you provide data to backup your notion; to that end, I’ve made some suggestions (notice I supported my statements) to aide in this effort. If you take the time to answer said questions, you may discover EFB price point is on par with its competitors; in some situations, it’s a lot cheaper. Conversely, you can continue to suggest this software is ‘overpriced’, which is hardly fair to the author. I don’t believe asking you to support your notions is ‘emotional.’  In fact, I believe it’s very logic. 

Matt King

6 hours ago, Boomer said:

I've already told you there is a 30-day free trial of EFB. I concur with everything Matt has said. The best judge of whether EFB is okay for you is YOU. How can you say something is overpriced when you haven't even tried it? Does all software have to be free and if it isn't it's overpriced?

People like Urs (EFB author) invest a huge amount of their personal time in creating these programs and they deserve credit for it. I'm not knocking the author of LNM but we don't know people's personal circumstances. He may be financially comfortable and can afford to give away LNM. Not everyone might be in that position.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I see Fltplan Go for Ipad has been mentioned a couple of times.I can't find it in Appstore, is it possible it's not available outside the US? (I live in Denmark)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

4 hours ago, jlund said:

I see Fltplan Go for Ipad has been mentioned a couple of times.I can't find it in Appstore, is it possible it's not available outside the US? (I live in Denmark)

Yes. It is North America only!  The basis is the robust real world Fltplan.com web site.  The Fltplan.Go app connects for live interface. Here is a link to a review of sorts I posted several years ago that still gives a good look at its features.  Planned routes can now be edited on the fly via the live map.  

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/471387-fltplan-go-app-for-ipad-way-cool/

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Looks like a great programme, what a shame it's only for the US users.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I'm giving the trial a go.  Is there a way to load premade flight plans from the default p3d flight plan folder in the documents folder?

spacer.png