Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Free real time flight map

55 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I'm giving the trial a go.  Is there a way to load premade flight plans from the default p3d flight plan folder in the documents folder?

Yes. Drag and drop the plan into MyDocuments\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Client\Uplink. You will see a prompt to load the plan on the Client.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

51 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes. Drag and drop the plan into MyDocuments\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Client\Uplink. You will see a prompt to load the plan on the Client.

Oh excellent, thanks.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I will consult the manual.  But your suggestion did not initiate any such prompt.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Boomer said:

I will consult the manual.  But your suggestion did not initiate any such prompt.

Odd. I have the EFB Display on a Client PC but the principle should still work. The manual will clarify things.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Not free but I love fstramp 

Subscription I believe. I would never sign up to those because over a period of time you pay way over the odds. The author loves it of course because it's a source of income.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

True Ray but its a polished product with lots of handy features and updates to it.  Id be lost with out it. 

My favourite part is it shows the sids and stars with the transition simply on the map which you can put on another screen. 

I'll agree the subscription is a bit shiesty 

14ppkc-6.png

@fluffyflops, I've just checked the price. 78GBP for a 4 year licence! 😕 That's more than the cost for Electronic Flight Bag which is yours outright for as long as you want. You need a Navigraph subscription for both.

The only advantage I can see for FSTramp is it runs on the same display as P3D so for those without a second PC it's convenient. Other that that I am genuinely shocked at how much is being charged.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Odd. I have the EFB Display on a Client PC but the principle should still work. The manual will clarify things.

It worked:  I have to be on ground and I wasnt the first time I tried.

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Boomer said:

It worked:  I have to be on ground and I wasnt the first time I tried.

Loading a plan once airborne isn't standard procedure! :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 6/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, Boomer said:

PlanG doesnt load the world maps any longer (remote server error forbidden)

Seems to be a problem on your end. I use PlanG daily and don't have any problems.

own EFBv2, never use it. use LNM for IFR and plan-g for VFR.

28 minutes ago, jpf said:

own EFBv2, never use it. use LNM for IFR and plan-g for VFR.

I’m staggered that having paid for it you’ve stopped using it. As good as it is LNM does not scan your scenery BGLs and provide detailed airport layouts with taxi guidance to and from the runway. Nor does it show a vertical profile when on the ILS. EFB offers those and so much more.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

LNM works for me:

link

Edited by jpf