Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

FAROS Implementation

Hello everyone.As most / all of you pilots know, one of the issues / problems that the Aviation is dealing with is Traffic management / Runway incursions etc. A test is being run at the KLGB airport to evaluate the feasibility and usefulness of a new system called FAROS.I believe that Flight Simulation can be very useful in assisting and educating pilots on these type of issues.Here is an opportunity for the sim community to keep up, or be ahead of the real world, by implementing good Signage and maybe the new System. I think that most of the hooks may already be in to implement this in FSX but it may be too late to add the rest of what is needed?If you need more info you can PM me, contact FAROS.FAA.GOV or contact:http://www.faa.gov/safety/programs_initiat...FTOKEN=30039062See the pic below for some more details. TVhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/145276.jpg

Well, this is an interesting idea. The thing is that the ATC already picks up when a runway is fouled, or if an aircraft is cleared for landing, i.e., there is no human error or "confusion" that causes the runway to be fouled. The real problem is that when ATC tells you the AI to hold short at an intersection, they sometimes don't stop until they are halfway through, and then they don't move since they are "holding short".- Martin