Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

REX SkyForce, HiFi Active Sky and REX Environment Force Question

Folks,

I have Active Sky and REX SkyForce currently, and thinking about adding Environment Force as well. Is there currently a decent tutorial to make all these add-ons work well together? I'm concerned about getting the WX Radar to work on PMDG/FS-Labs and no clue how to set all that up, plus the visuals, shaders, etc... Do I need PTA as well?

Grateful for any advice on how to config all this!

-Bill

I use REX SF3D, Environment Force and ASP4 with no problems. Just set EF to auto and make sure the REX weather engine is off. Start EF and ASP4 and you are good to go, EF controls SF3D so no need to start that as well. Happy flying.

EDIT:

I use Tomatoshade with the RD profile (easy to use and IMHO, the best)

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

14 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I use REX SF3D, Environment Force and ASP4 with no problems. Just set EF to auto and make sure the REX weather engine is off. Start EF and ASP4 and you are good to go, EF controls SF3D so no need to start that as well. Happy flying.

EDIT:

I use Tomatoshade with the RD profile (easy to use and IMHO, the best)

Quick question: I thought you would not have needed TS now with ES? Are ES/TS not doing the same thing by changing shaders?

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

It does, I use TS for the reflections. Watch a couple of my streams to see it in action.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

5 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

It does, I use TS for the reflections. Watch a couple of my streams to see it in action.

OK so ES does not do reflections I assume.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

3 hours ago, ShezA said:

OK so ES does not do reflections I assume.

No, ES will change colour tone of sky, clouds etc on the fly regardless of what shader tool you use. But if you want reflections use Tomatoshade.

Edited by SierraHotel

12 hours ago, busdriver said:

Folks,

I have Active Sky and REX SkyForce currently, and thinking about adding Environment Force as well. Is there currently a decent tutorial to make all these add-ons work well together? I'm concerned about getting the WX Radar to work on PMDG/FS-Labs and no clue how to set all that up, plus the visuals, shaders, etc... Do I need PTA as well?

Grateful for any advice on how to config all this!

-Bill

Bill,

I have no idea why you would want to use WX Radar to work with PMDG/FSL as both use ASP4 as there WX radar. Cannot help you there.

I am beta testing EF and I would suggest all you need is ASP4 SF and EF in AUTO mode. 

Note in SF and EF you need to make sure texture res is set to DTX 512. Your good to go.

What ES is people are talking about I have no idea what that is.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hello,

I've read many post, I seem to understand some of it. So,  Right now I don't have a weather engine.  I'm considering wether or not to get a weather tool/app.

But surely looking at REX products. Since I don't have any weather tools what  is the best way to go if I decide to get REX products??  So, If I buy REX SkyForce do

I also need REX Enviormental ?? or what other tools do I need ?? I also want it to be easy not too complicated......Thanx for help/suggestions.....

1 hour ago, Whisper202 said:

Hello,

I've read many post, I seem to understand some of it. So,  Right now I don't have a weather engine.  I'm considering wether or not to get a weather tool/app.

But surely looking at REX products. Since I don't have any weather tools what  is the best way to go if I decide to get REX products??  So, If I buy REX SkyForce do

I also need REX Enviormental ?? or what other tools do I need ?? I also want it to be easy not too complicated......Thanx for help/suggestions.....

The consensus is the best weather App Is HiFI ASP4.

REX Sky force does have a weather engine but it's not as good is the bottom line. You do not need to buy REX EF, you can just use ASP4 and SF for clouds and structures.

REX EF is a new product that imo replacers the need for shader app's like PTA/TS etc. It also works with SF very well. You don't even need to open SF when you have EF.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

39 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Just know that you cannot fully make use of SF with ASP4. See last few posts in this thread:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52098-flat-clouds/

I just finish a flight and most of the clouds were flat but unusual. This just started with 0514 update. Anyone else getting flat clouds with SkyForce? This not good I was very happy with ASP4 an SF!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I feel somebody has been dishonest here. I took the decision to buy EF after reading a post from Rex that it was 100% compatible with AS and with SF, and that we can continue using all of them without any problem.

Now they are saying AS doesn’t completely work with their SDK, and we should use EF with SF and their weather engine on.

This was not supposed to be like that at the beginning, the first app I run before committing a flight is AS, I use it for flight planning purposes, also FSLabs uses AS for the wind entries, even PMDG long haul flights I use AS.

I don’t want to stop using AS, 60 bucks will be hangared until EF and SF work together with AS.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

26 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

Now they are saying AS doesn’t completely work with their SDK, and we should use EF with SF and their weather engine on.

Did REX make that statement? 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

44 minutes ago, reecemj said:

I just finish a flight and most of the clouds were flat but unusual. This just started with 0514 update. Anyone else getting flat clouds with SkyForce? This not good I was very happy with ASP4 an SF!

Did some testing I still get the nice clouds from SF. So that good for me. But SF and ASP4 as never been 100% compatible. There are some features only Rex weather engine can produce. Like the 3d sync. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV