busdriver

REX SkyForce, HiFi Active Sky and REX Environment Force Question

3 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Did REX make that statement? 

Click on link above your post and read please.😊

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

5 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

I feel somebody has been dishonest here. I took the decision to buy EF after reading a post from Rex that it was 100% compatible with AS and with SF, and that we can continue using all of them without any problem.

Now they are saying AS doesn’t completely work with their SDK, and we should use EF with SF and their weather engine on.

This was not supposed to be like that at the beginning, the first app I run before committing a flight is AS, I use it for flight planning purposes, also FSLabs uses AS for the wind entries, even PMDG long haul flights I use AS.

I don’t want to stop using AS, 60 bucks will be hangared until EF and SF work together with AS.

EF works with AS4.

If any issues post in REX forums 

Thanks

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

EF works with AS4.

It appears that SF does not. Not fully anyway.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

It appears that SF does not. Not fully anyway.

It works. Without issues. I am beta testing the new builds and enjoy using ef sf and as together. Sf weather off, as as wearher engine. Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

t works. Without issues. I am beta testing the new builds and enjoy using ef sf and as together. Sf weather off, as as wearher engine. Regards Marcus

Forgive my ignorance but how could you possibly tell if ASP4 and SF3D work in perfect harmony? Or how would you know if all the features are used that are present in SF3D?

IMHO (briefly speaking) you only set up a flight and look if you get some clouds and if there's something weird going on (by weird I mean flat clouds, itteration of same textures, coloring, etc.)... You have no clue if the displayed clouds are from one single theme or a combination of all the themes.

If I'm wrong then please forgive me AND correct me! If you know how to test if SF3D "dances the tango" with ASP4, I'm sure the community would appreciate that info.

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I don't use SF weather engine but ASP4+EF and have the rainshafts, the CB's up to 75000ft, the nice clouds and all the other bells and whistles.

Would be interesting from where this BS comes about AS not working with SF ...

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I don't use SF weather engine but ASP4+EF and have the rainshafts, the CB's up to 75000ft, the nice clouds and all the other bells and whistles.

Joe, I think the confusion stems from this quote from Reed on the Rex forums.

I think under certain circumstances, you will get flat clouds under certain conditions.

Anyway, here is a snippet of what was posted:

" You can use Active Sky with Sky Force with no problem they are compatible, but you will not get the full benefits of Sky Force if not using the Sky Force weather engine only. "

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

And why are we only been told this now ? The product has been out quite some time.

27 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

It comes from REX themselves (look at the first link from this thread towards their forum).

As a matter of fact, I also currently run ASP4 and SF3D but did not seem to have flat clouds (but this also does not mean that the entire power of SF3D is used ;) )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

1 minute ago, ZKOKQ said:

And why are we only been told this now ? The product has been out quite some time.

IMHO both SF3D and EF were launched a bit too soon. You can't just assure buyers that your products are fully compatible with other weather engines and after 1 year revise your statement in: Yup....some of the things don't work...

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

6 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Forgive my ignorance but how could you possibly tell if ASP4 and SF3D work in perfect harmony? Or how would you know if all the features are used that are present in SF3D?

IMHO (briefly speaking) you only set up a flight and look if you get some clouds and if there's something weird going on (by weird I mean flat clouds, itteration of same textures, coloring, etc.)... You have no clue if the displayed clouds are from one single theme or a combination of all the themes.

If I'm wrong then please forgive me AND correct me! If you know how to test if SF3D "dances the tango" with ASP4, I'm sure the community would appreciate that info.

No problem at all. Good you are replying.

My statement "It works" is ment as "there are no BUGS", which I as a user can recognize, the oviously ones at least and spoken of AS in Combo with REX EF/SF). On a code level it is obviously not possible (for me).

I did not see any compatibillity issues/bugs at all (still my scope here is AS and REX EF/SF). 

I did not mentioned "perfect harmony", whatever this means on a functional/requirement level. I didn´t mention "if all the features are used that are present in SF3D", if using them together.

So your statement, that I am telling that, is not correct. But mayby I did mislead you. Sorry for that.

But feel free to write a requirement down and share it with REX EF/SF and AS. That could probably help them to match the needs and expectations and develop the product in a way "you/we" would like to see it. And don´t forget the Acceptance Criteria 😉

And a remark on that one copied from your post: "You have no clue if the displayed clouds are from one single theme or a combination of all the themes". ->You are assuming that/or speaking briefly on that. If I wanted that to know, I would ask the supplier. Do you know? And if not, why didn´t you ask before writing here? If yes, why don´t you share it here? Or did you? Then I missed it. 

The manual isn´t even clear about it: It says it would swap textures automaticly and inject them realtime in your sim. It doesn´t state, that it would display clouds from one single theme or a combination of all. 

So I did not have any further expectations on this functionallity. And as the users I reacted to were speaking about "a working product", I made clear they work. I did not state that they would meet your expectations. 😉

What I did read, allthough in between the lines, in the comment from ZKOKQ (....."It appears that SF does not. Not fully anyway") that there is an assumption that there are compatibillity issues between REX SF/EF/AS?). 

I think that a lot of common sense isn´t given due the fact that users, at least a lot of them, aren´t able to communicate clear requirements, BUT think they are able to communicate what works and what not. Mostly even without reading the appropiate forum (REX and AS in this case) or even asking the developper from REX and AS if their expectations will match. I am talking about expectations, mostly unspoken ones. It is not easy for a developper to match them on a first delivery for such a big community.

So, I did just wanted to lead this in another direction.

Cheers Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

IMHO both SF3D and EF were launched a bit too soon. You can't just assure buyers that your products are fully compatible with other weather engines and after 1 year revise your statement in: Yup....some of the things don't work...

This one I share with you. Not for the combination of REX and AS, but for assuming that it will work on top of other shader tools like PTA and TS (which it didn´t flawless).

But lets be fair. Do we really assume that REX didn´t test it or ignored bugs and decided to go in production with REX EF? That wouldn´t be fair in my eyes. Due the fact, that development on different plattforms, with a lot of addons and a massive SDK, doesn´t surprise me that there will be some problems. Not nice, but normal in my opinion. 

What is worth talking about is, that due the fact there is a community reacting and "shouting" they set up a small team and supporting us in a way others, biggers, could learn from. They react and they listen. This kind of interaction is needed to meet our/your expectations. Or?

Cheers Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Dear Marcus ( @mpo910 ),

this thread is clearly about different SW working together AND FULLY functional.

Let's consider SW A as a weather engine and SW B as cloud textures and both SW A and B having a sum of x features. SW B get's released after SW A and is advertised that it can be fully used with SW A.

After a while (1 year of users reporting issues) the DEV of SW B jumps in again telling us the contrary of what has been advertised: SW B does not use all of it's X features but only X-Y when combined with SW A 😲. And please understand that this is a statement comming from the developer!

Then you jump in and tell the OP that you are a beta tester and SW B works without issues in combo with SW A! Your statement reads that SW B is 100% compatible with SW A.

So I wanted to jump in and correct you because IMHO you can't tell users how well a combo works without knowing or testing all of the X features. It might have been that SW B was working only in a extend of 10% of what it could do, but those 10% were looking good and had no issues ;).

Gerald K. - Germany

Mountain out of molehills. 

Love ASP4 with SF and not seen anything that puts me off the combo. Been using it for over a year and it still looks better than anything else I've used/tried. Until I use/try something better I will say with it, thanks.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip