Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

A Mix, one quite old, the other quite new

Seems like your shots are getting more creative. And unpredictable (that's a good thing!).

John

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John F said:

Seems like your shots are getting more creative. And unpredictable (that's a good thing!).

John

Being able to add the Northern Lights and Meteors to Xplane was quite cool, although one has to have cloudless skies for them to look right.  They shimmer just like Northern Lights would.

John

Amazing, John, really cool. I'll have to try this too 😉

Is the B 26 in your first shot freeware? And is this in XP10 or 11, as you said "one quite old"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Amazing, John, really cool. I'll have to try this too 😉

Is the B 26 in your first shot freeware? And is this in XP10 or 11, as you said "one quite old"?

It's freeware but I had to uninstall it, the XP10 ports of some of these warbirds have problems where any glass surface "x-rays" the internals of the aircraft, so after I made my screenshot I put the aircraft to rest.  That is not a shot against the designer, it is just that some of these well honed aircraft do not port to Xplane 11 well.  I have found some old Warbirds that do, especially the B17, but since I fly 99 pct of my real time flights in a civilian mode. 

I just post Warbird screenshots occasionally to remember that we should not forget why such aircraft were made, on both sides, out of these aircraft came the civilian airline industry and fast GA aircraft we have today.  Just as today's warbirds will inspire better civilian designs in the future, and here's to hoping that one day these warbirds will only be flown to remember their contribution to aviation, and not the sacrifices they caused.

John

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

and here's to hoping that one day these warbirds will only be flown to remember their contribution to aviation, and not the sacrifices they caused.

+1!