Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Sightseeing platforms

Really great-looking stuff! Where are you flying? The Bay Area?

John

4 hours ago, John F said:

Really great-looking stuff! Where are you flying? The Bay Area?

John

Yep, it's a nice place to fly, the first place I ever flew from in general aviation or in jets for that matter...

3 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Yep, it's a nice place to fly, the first place I ever flew from in general aviation or in jets for that matter...

Flight Unlimited II was my introduction to Bay Area flying, and after thoroughly exploring it in that sim, a fascination with the area (from Carmel up to Sacramento) has stuck with me.

John

36 minutes ago, John F said:

Flight Unlimited II was my introduction to Bay Area flying, and after thoroughly exploring it in that sim, a fascination with the area (from Carmel up to Sacramento) has stuck with me.

John

I got that Sim the moment it came out, it was quite fun and the resolution of the ground textures, though not as sharp as my MSE or Ortho textures, still "wowed" me.  Also fun was that it had prop and jet blast effects, if you got too close to the AI, watch out!  Since I was from Napa I had to get it, although by the time it came out I was living in Arizona.  It ran even on my old system, but my old system was lost and with it Flight Unlimited 2.  Now with P3D and Xplane11 giving me Bay Area photo scenery I don't miss it, given the better mesh we have now vs. then.

John