Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

Extended Autogen ?

Alternative thought on Autogen:Currently it seems that Autogen buildings are controlled by continent e.g. US, Europe, Africa, Asia... Would there be any possibility of having 'country / region' specific buildings. A structure which allowed to add specific buildings per country / region would be great, and I'm sure the many talented individuals would soon develop alternative textures for their given country.My point is that buildings in say the UK are vastly different from those in Eastern Europe or Southern Europe e.g. Greece / Med. and even those in say Scandinavia. For that matter buildings in Southern US are most likely vastly different to those in the North.The ability to add / amend the autogen buildings per country would be great when flying regional flights. The same could perhaps be applied to tree autogen too. I know there is some degree of this covered by landclass, so this would not be quite such a necessity as the buidlings.What are others thoughts?Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi,It's not a bad idea, but where does this end? If by country, then what about a region inside a country as you mentioned? Then if we can do that, what about by individual city? Then, cities have different levels of buildings so we divide the cities up? Well, then my street has different houses then 2 blocks away so let's model that! Maybe global data, per house, using mapping, where every single landmark is shown!I don't have the answer, just some thoughts!!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Yeah..I want huts when I fly over Africa... and slums in B'Desh.:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It's really not so complicated. Lets say the product ships with different Autogen at the continent level. So long as it is programmed to look for the most smallest areas first (for addon autogen) it will work. For instance if the areas are suburb, city, state/region, country, continent, it will look for the suburb autogen first. If there is no suburb autogen look for the city autogen. If none look for state/region autogen. If none look for country autogen. If none use the default: Continent.

Hi,How many different suburb looks would there be for the USA? I know my actual suburb does not look like the one east, west, north, or south of me.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest tdragger

FSX will have more regional variation that FS2004. I think Jason posted about it somewhere.