Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

All about AZURE

This is so important to know according the upcoming MS Flight Simulator 

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

This skinny handsome guy can laugh all the way down in his video, but I say you what: 

The content is more than serious, and if Microsoft wants to make its future Flightsim Users completely dependent over Cloud Computing, than the bosses of MS trust can grease their hair with this new MSFS.

It makes we wanna puke  :kusut:

• Like 1

There's always Apple they will be happy to take your money and collect your Data. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, KBUR said:

The content is more than serious, and if Microsoft wants to make its future Flightsim Users completely dependent over Cloud Computing, than the bosses of MS trust can grease their hair with this new MSFS.

Do you watch Netflix?  Hulu?  Amazon Video?  Youtube?  Listen to Spotify?

I hate to break it to you, but if your answer to any of those is "yes", you are already dependent on cloud computing.  All of those providers use "the cloud" as their backbone, and they are far from alone.  It's how a huge chunk of modern tech works:  computing is cheap, bandwidth is plentiful, but managing huge data centers is expensive.  A few big companies do that, and everything else is in "the cloud".

You may have issues with a subscription model, or a game that needs a constant internet connection, that's fair.  Address those.  But outrage for the sake of outrage at being "dependent on Cloud Computing" is reactionary and Luddite.  Because if you're a user of modern technology, you already are.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

You may have issues with a subscription model, or a game that needs a constant internet connection, that's fair.  Address those.  But outrage for the sake of outrage at being "dependent on Cloud Computing" is reactionary and Luddite.  Because if you're a user of modern technology, you already are.

This.

I was fortunate enough to have a permanent internet connection in my apartment starting in 2000, and by 2004 or so constant connectivity became as expected as electricity. I imagine there were a few folks back in the day complaining about our increased demand on electricity and what we'd do if that ever went out.

Ubiquitous connectivity is a really great thing, for users as well as developers.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Everything is going to the cloud and eventually I will become a Luddite.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Here's the reality.

We either go to the cloud or we never move forward. You simply can't put 2,000TB on your home PC anymore than you can put Netflix's entire library on your shelf.

• Like 7

Silliness.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I hate to say this but LM may go down the same route in the future, that may not be a bad thing with cloud you can have the integrity of your files and folders checked and repaired with a simple click of the mouse.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I've been part of Nvidia's Geforce Now (Cloud Gaming) for over a year now and I love it. It is the next evolution of gaming.

• Like 1

I do not think that things are as many seem to think they are. LOL  Using 2 petabytes of raw satellite data to develop scenery does not instantly equate to you will have to have 2 petabytes of scenery.  What little discussion regarding the use of Azure AI (note the AI part) there is (from Microsoft) indicates they used Azure AI to fill in blank areas and improve questionable areas of satellite coverage when developing the sim's scenery.  It does not indicate the sim has a 2 petabyte scenery database.

Edited by WarpD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

11 hours ago, kaosfere said:

....NO, I'm not watching any of them at my home, seriously. 

The only thing I'm doing is to download certain youtube videos I like via IDM (which works like a breeze) outside of my home via a "special computer", and most of the time during surfing at home I'm using TOR browser.

And this setting works very well to me :happy:

Edited by KBUR

12 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Just imagine you goto the store buy a 4K UHD movie on Blu-ray for full price, get home open the disk and get a code to only watch it on MySpace after you watch a mandatory 5 minutes of commercials.

5 hours ago, ohsirus said:

It is the next evolution of gaming.

They said the same think with Kobo, Kindle and Nook that it was the evolution of book reading but bookstores are still there.

I understand the scenery implications and data it takes but I think that MS is going to take full advantage of this and setting us up for some sort of pay-to-play subscription. If you look at hush-software for example that exactly what they do, stream world terrain for fsx/p3d for a sub.

It meas to play/stream a 4K game you will need something like 100 Mbit/s non stop on a high end system with money to burn, it's wishful thinking just not realistic for 90% of us.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

43 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

It meas to play/stream a 4K game you will need something like 100 Mbit/s non stop on a high end system with money to burn

Ugh this is patently false. For one I can stream around 3D Paris or London just fine on my iPhone, far from a “high end” system. You have been able to do this for years and I can also force stream a 4K video on YouTube just fine. No log. No stutter. What’s my iPhone processor/GPU equivalent to a desktop?

Streaming as part of gaming is coming. It’s just a matter of time. If you don’t understand something being afraid of what you’ll “lose” and then pushing false or misleading facts about it seems silly. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1