Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Does Aerosoft know more ....

So then why doesn't all the fancy payware scenery have it? I'm fairly sure it's a hack where it's built all built together in modelling software (e.g. GMAX/3DS) and exported as a single model/object plonked on to a flat surface, so AI can't use them as they're not considered runways or taxiways by the simulator. That would make sense as Gary could model.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Dunno, but it works perfectly.

We've had fun at our VA, where we've gone down the ramps, with a skier, & after our nav stuff at the club, gone down the rams with a vehicle, to see how far we can do. Yes, Garry did very inovative things, & he always said that simming must be all about Facts, Fun & Fiction. His last unreleased 'Death Star Project' was a lot of fun to test.

Simming is a lot of things for different simmers, even without PMDG & Aerosoft. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

First off, did you see the PMDG response to this? Seems that they were originally interested in purchasing FSX from MS, but MS included a contractual statement that gave them the right to "recapture" the code and re-enter the market. PMDG backed out.

Secondly, since this is also being aimed at X-Box, I'm making an educated guess that it will be a subscription deal. 

Hopefully, it will at least now be a 64-bit app, as it's pushing 4K video and real-world scenery. I doubt any of the current FSX add-ons will be transportable to the new app. I've personally invested a lot of money on my FSX add-ons, which is why I haven't gone to P3D. I think it's time to be satisfied with what I've got.

Edited by gpbarth

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

18 minutes ago, gpbarth said:

Secondly, since this is also being aimed at X-Box

It is not being "aimed at XBOX"

This is PC first and also "Because people want to play it on Xbox and we'll figure out a way to make it work"

That is an exact quote from Matt Booty, the head of MS Game Studios

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-10-the-big-xbox-interview-scarlett-cross-gen-halo-infinite-and-the-lack-of-fable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irrics said:

It is not being "aimed at XBOX"

This is PC first and also "Because people want to play it on Xbox and we'll figure out a way to make it work"

That is an exact quote from Matt Booty, the head of MS Game Studios

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-10-the-big-xbox-interview-scarlett-cross-gen-halo-infinite-and-the-lack-of-fable

Did you not read what I wrote? "...since this is ALSO being aimed at X-Box." Funny how the X-Box logo is splashed all over the teaser, eh?

• Upvote 1

-= Gary Barth =-

3 minutes ago, gpbarth said:

Did you not read what I wrote? "...since this is ALSO being aimed at X-Box." Funny how the X-Box logo is splashed all over the teaser, eh?

Did you read what that interview said?

XBOX is literally second fiddle on this. Go read the interview and get a feel for the tone straight from MS. 

They will “figure out how to get it on Xbox”.  This is all about being amazing on PC and they’ll worry about Xbox 2nd. 

The xbox logo is all over everything because ALL of MS gaming, even PC, has been consolidated under the XB branding. 

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gpbarth said:

The XBOX division is the new branding for all the Microsoft Game Studios. It's not just the name for their consoles anymore. It's been like that for a while, since they started focusing more on the PC.

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread. See main thread.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, gpbarth said:

That's because Xbox is the gaming division/brand Microsoft uses, and not just the console anymore.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On the A320 Neo, I see both FMS's are mirrored to eachother. Either this is just a simple coincidence or this could be a sign that either FMS's don't work, both will have the same pages. I'm getting excited for more info on this. I just really hope we're not being tricked into Microsoft Flight attempt 2. If this is the simulator we're hoping for, I am more than happy putting all of my more than 1000 dollar spent on addons aside and let default stuff start to take it's work. If Aerosoft is involved, I think they would help bring it into mind with Microsoft what we want and what we don't want. If there's a company to know that, Aerosoft would be the one. They make planes and scenery.

• Like 1

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

If I were an MS Vice president, which of course I'm not, but besides, I would take it as a given that you would have to at least match the 13 years worth of improvements the 3rd party software houses have added in a default version. The relationship is such that you'd have to reward and bring the best developers in on the project or the cost and time would be prohibitive. Acknowledge their efforts, work with the best and you get a brilliant product out of the box. If you can't do that, you may as well not bother.

Let's face it, if it wasn't for Aerosoft, PDMG, Orbx and the like, the old FSX wouldn't have been able to soldier on for so long, still dear to most of us. A new engine, a new compiler, new code, but the models, ways of coding the instruments, etc. 

Just think, a core doing weather, one doing instruments and another on flight dynamics, proper multi core utilisation and a well thought out memory manager for SSDs and PCIe memory would give phenominal loading and abilites visually. Separate that from the flying to give smooth frame rates, decent VR capability with proper UI and touch interfacing and we will get Nirvana. I hope.

The last one released in 2006. it will be 14 years and I truly hope it blows the mind on release. 

• Upvote 2

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

5 hours ago, MarkJHarris said:

Let's face it, if it wasn't for Aerosoft, PDMG, Orbx and the like, the old FSX wouldn't have been able to soldier on for so long, still dear to most of us

Agreed.  But I’m not sure why Microsoft would care about that either way…

They haven’t been making any money from all the “soldiering on”.

12 hours ago, MarkJHarris said:

Let's face it, if it wasn't for Aerosoft, PDMG, Orbx and the like, the old FSX wouldn't have been able to soldier on for so long, still dear to most of us. A new engine, a new compiler, new code, but the models, ways of coding the instruments, etc. 

If it wasn't also for Dovetail Games and Steam, FSX would have languished. But it has been improved, and works very well with today's higher-end video cards and SSD drives. The only thing lacking, IMNSHO, is 64-bit processing. And I have most of the pertinent add-ons...everything short of VR! A whole lot of money to throw out if I were to switch to the new MSFS.

We'll see...

-= Gary Barth =-

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/23/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-announcement-surprised-fanatics.html

More or less puts the topic to rest.  

“I was as much surprised as all others,” said Winfried Diekmann, CEO of Aerosoft, a German manufacturer of simulation software and content for Microsoft Flight Simulator, in an email. “There were rumors but those rumors have been seen from time to time in the last years.”

3 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/23/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-announcement-surprised-fanatics.html

More or less puts the topic to rest.  

“I was as much surprised as all others,” said Winfried Diekmann, CEO of Aerosoft, a German manufacturer of simulation software and content for Microsoft Flight Simulator, in an email. “There were rumors but those rumors have been seen from time to time in the last years.”

Told ya'

AS have had nothing to do with this and the Reg numbers on the featured aircraft in the trailer sequence is simply a homage to Aces Studio.