Sign in to follow this  
FLNG

Any consensus on upgrading to V4.5 + Hot Fix ?

I'm still on 4.3.  I was spooked by some of the 4.4 problems.  Then 4.5 came out and needed an immediate HF due to the performance hit and many incompatibilities.  The HF seems to have only helped some and not others.  Worrisome stories around about upgrading, then out of frustration dropping back to 4.4 or 4.3.

Will there maybe be another patch or fix for 4.5 ?

Advice/comments on going ahead and upgrading would be appreciated.  (Devs like Milviz are only selling planes that work with the very latest P3D versions, problems or not.)

Thanx in advance.  I know this is a hard question to answer....

Jeff

In fact it's an easy question to answer. Do you have (or need) the add-ones that mandate installation of 4.5HF? YES or NO...plain and simple.

Personally, I never had any of the issues so many others struggled with. Not with 4.4 or 4.5 or 4.5HF. Of course I'm not a big FPS watcher as long as I have my sim running smoothly and so far it has. 

• Upvote 3

Vic green

4.5 HF is fantastic! It totally transforms nighttime flying. I give it 2 thumbs up.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I think that after the HF, the 4.5 has the performance above all the previous versions. 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

In fact it's an easy question to answer. Do you have (or need) the add-ones that mandate installation of 4.5HF? YES or NO...plain and simple.

I guess its more that I would like to have them (or the option).  I also am (admittedly) guessing this will keep happening more and more.

4 hours ago, MDFlier said:

4.5 HF is fantastic! It totally transforms nighttime flying. I give it 2 thumbs up.

i give it 7 thumbs up.  its fantasic.  the best version so far. 

I know I know, a positive compliment from me, dont all fall off your seats at once.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

11 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

i give it 7 thumbs up.  its fantasic.  the best version so far. 

I know I know, a positive compliment from me, dont all fall off your seats at once.

Pete, you can't just go changing your handle and start handing out compliments like confectionery. No-one will know what to think! :smile:

5 hours ago, FLNG said:

Will there maybe be another patch or fix for 4.5 ?

Advice/comments on going ahead and upgrading would be appreciated.  (Devs like Milviz are only selling planes that work with the very latest P3D versions, problems or not.)

Thanx in advance.  I know this is a hard question to answer....

Jeff, if you're comfortable with the update process with P3D, then I would recommend updating at least the Client and Content components - you'll get improvements such as:

- Better night lighting;
- The removal of the dreaded pause at 6% terrain data on loading a scenario; and

Improvements from v4.4 such as: 

- Updated rendering engine to support Physically Based Rendering (PBR) content; 
- Photoreal textures can now be rendered at 512×512 and 1024×1024 resolution; and
- Scenery draw distance, including airports, can now be configured.

Well worth it in my opinion.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 hours ago, MDFlier said:

How?  I saw no difference flying at night with 4.5 HF1.  I recently had a SSD crash and lost my 4.5 install now on a backup of 4.4 but after seeing so little that was different with 4.5 I am wondering about reinstalling it.  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

7 hours ago, brucewtb said:

How?  I saw no difference flying at night with 4.5 HF1.  I recently had a SSD crash and lost my 4.5 install now on a backup of 4.4 but after seeing so little that was different with 4.5 I am wondering about reinstalling it.  Thanks.

Bruceb

Really? As soon as I took my first night time flight I noticed everything was brighter, there were more lights, and it looked much more realistic. And I don't need a flashlight app to see in the cockpit when it's dark. I can actually still see the switches.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Even with 4.4 I find night lights too bright I'm not sure I found them any brighter in 4.5 just the same as 4.4.  If it is dark and no ambient light you should need a flashlight to see cockpit switches otherwise not very realistic.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I use photoscenery and that’s worth it IMO. As a software professional, I’ve always been someone who tends to upgrade right away for the fixes and improvements, and am willing to take the risk of possible short term issues which have been minimal for me. 

I skipped the 4.5 update staying on 4.4 and installed the 4.5 hotfix this morning. Very happy in the performance.

Edited by Boeing or not going