Sign in to follow this  
HighNoonF14

Windows Threat detected Reality XP

Hello,

I just recently purchased Reality Xp and installed it. My windows 10 Security scanned as it regularly does on schedule  and came back with a threat coming from something to do with Reality XP. This surprised me and I'm hoping its a false positive. I Would like to know immediately if this is a false positive or an actual threat or something that has wormed its way into the software undetected. I have noticed that certain parts of these various aviation websites including reality xp have the "your connection to this site is not secure" or no lock next to the website name. Not sure if that is a problem or not as i am not an antivirus programmer or security expert but I think it is safe to say that when a website says it is not secure that is cause for some concern, perhaps even if it is not the part with download links. Let me put it this way, as a customer spending money on a website product, it doesn't make me feel good when the first impression is met with a "your connection to the website is not secure" message with multiple browsers. With all the billions of dollars of cyber attacks, ransomware, and crime going on I would hope that security would be taken very seriously. Identity theft or the various cyber crimes related to it can ruin peoples lives. Again, Please let me know ASAP whether or not this is a problem. 

Microsoft Windows Defender:

Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml

Alert Level: Severe

Recommended action: remove threat now

Catgory: Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items:

"startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\RealityXP\Software Updates\Garmin GNS v2 (FltSim).lnk"

Hi,

This is a false positive. In effect, the indicated file is in fact a .lnk, which is a 'shortcut' in Window.

This is the shortcut in the Window start menu which gets installed so that you can conveniently "Check for updates" directly from the Window start menu.

The "check for updates" implementation relies on a standard Windows component to run and to spawn the actual implementation (a DLL).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)