Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

New FSX screenshots

Great shots. Did anyone else think they were seeing some sort of rainbow in the 3rd pic?I really like the new roads. That has to be the best. Or was it that other thing, or that other thing!!! LOLLooking really good, that's all I know. :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

It looks like a rainbow, but that was mentioned on Hal's blog anyway ;)

Holy cow! I love them, I'm espeically liking that 747 one, the sky does look a lot better :-)

Alaister Kay

I'm a little behind on the blog checks...hehe.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>Great shots. Did anyone else think they were seeing some>sort of rainbow in the 3rd pic?>>I really like the new roads. That has to be the best. Or was>it that other thing, or that other thing!!! LOL>>Looking really good, that's all I know. :-)I agree, great shots, always instantly gratifying when new screenshots appear :)The 'rainbow' is alas *only* sun reflection on the texture as far as I can see. (Excuse the pun)

Guest Bell206freak

Gah.. ::drools all over keyboard::Dammit.. Why? Why?! Why at the END of teh year?! OMG, I can't wait.. :drools some more::

Excellent shots, thanks for the tip... The second one does it for me. That is, the roads and autogen buildings all in logical placings in the scenery.Brilliant, thanks MSFS team.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest GA Flyer

In the first shot I notice a first of FS in which they add the black paint to the yellow lines on the ground. This is a small detail that for the last two versions the user would have to change out with add-on files to get that effect. Its great to see that the out of the box version holds great promise that the user will need to do little to make FSX as life like as possible without all the add-on files. Looking at that paint I also see the textures of the ground bleeding through to give a 3d effect like what I see in Fly Tampa and Flight Scenery work. That's just great stuff. No more solid yellow lines. Also it looks like the ground surface above the nose of the plane is brighter than that on the left and right and looking at the shadow it looks like even dry ground might reflect the sun to some degree.In the California pic I really like the landmarks that might be autogen but blend in so well that they look placed. I'm talking about the shopping center type building on the left with a big parking lot and the park on the right with the track and baseball fields. I know that the auto gen doesn't mirror real life but with such great detail and layout the virtual world might now have enough auto landmarks to create visual aids for traffic work other than roads, bodies of water and towers. Lastly the baseball diamonds bring me to my last thought which is in the US and Puerto Rico Baseball diamonds are seen often in neighborhoods or towns but what would Europe and other Countries expect to see in their parks? In the event that MS can make better regional textures would Cricket or Soccer fields be a replacement? Jack

Guest alex333

The new screenshots bring yet another "wow" with them!Especially the "bell" picture with the heli near the river looks incredibly good :)But what am I saying? They all look just fantastic...

Looks good.. Have not yet seen any evidence that the hard cloud edges around mountains have been fixed or improved.If the FSX team reads this please post a picture with 3d clouds in mountainous regions.Thats been my main gripe for a long time.Bill

Guest pbi757

I hope they get the Miami (KMIA) airport correct...images SS7-blowout and ss8-blowout display KMIA with 3 runways when they have had 4 runways for over a year now!All else looks good! :)

>I hope they get the Miami (KMIA) airport correct...images>SS7-blowout and ss8-blowout display KMIA with 3 runways when>they have had 4 runways for over a year now!>>All else looks good! :)Those images you mention are FS2004 screenshots which is the current version.Craig

Does anyone know what kind of computer system Microsoft is using when they take these screenshots? Is it something that an average individual can afford?

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077