Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

New FSX screenshots

Guest tdragger

Jason took them. I think he runs a 3-year-old Dell but it does have decent video card.

Guest Three Greens

Does the earth horizon look a little curved in the B747 pic - or is it just me?Scott

Guest Fjorko

Can we assume the sudden visibility change ( <9.99nm to >60nm )issue have been resolved in FSX or am I asking the wrong question ?ThanksGreat shots BTW......

Guest Fjorko

What is the link for ?I know where your blog is ! Or is your answer another mystical clue found in your latest blog topic....I was just asking a question anyway - a simple "no you can't" or "yes you can" would have done me just fine...Thanks for the hint anyway... ( I guess it isn't then ! ):)

No...it was not mystical, but it was a clue.The link goes to a post titled "Don't Assume"I think he gave you the answer you were looking for.bt

Guest Fjorko

OK, but that still is not an answer is it ?You can come to two conclusions on that reply.....either it IS fixed ( i.e OFF COURSE it is fixed, don't assume ) or it could mean don't assume that it WILL be fixed ( i.e It is NOT fixed )Please don't think I'm trying to be difficult, I'm not...I just don't like solving riddles when all I want is a straight answer - that's all !Cheers ! :)

> I just don't like solving riddles when all I want is a straight answer - that's all !Sometimes they can't give the straight answer, so you must solve the riddle instead ;)

Guest tdragger

I suppose the answer has to do with what you'd like the solution to be. The data we get from reporting stations doesn't report on anything more than 10nm visibility. If that's the data we have, what should we set the visibility to? 15 miles, 20 miles, 100 miles? We could slowly increase visibility to some amount but over what rate of time? What would it depend on?

Guest Fjorko

Well sounds to me like tdragger just answered our question :Guess we are still going to see sudden visibility shifts in FSX - what a shame !!!, or at least that's my conclusion to his reply....correct me if I'm wrongI really hoped that this could be solved somehow....:(Cheers

Hi,The assumed feature fix question is that of when the visibility jumps from less than 10 to 10 is the visibility going to instantly jump as in FS04, or will there be a smooth visibility transition?We are not talking about what the maximum visibility should be. That can be set in a number of ways. We are talking about the rate of change.At what rate? Anything slower than instant, as it is now.What would it depend on? Nothing, just as the wind shift fix is 5 deg/sec and 5 mph/sec. Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

I still haven't solved the riddle either, but yes the sudden visibility changes are one of the most annoying things. There must be a way to smooth out the changes.