Sign in to follow this  
Swinden

FFX AI - Frame Rate Hit

Has anyone else had an issue with a frame rate hit when adding AI aircraft to fight the fire?  I have P3D v4.5 and will get 3 fps when AI is activated.

Hi,

can't say that I have heard that before. FPS drops usually happen with content errors, like missing 3D models. What aircraft are you using as AI and how exactly are you creating them (mode, location)? What other addons are running alongside FFX?

Best regards 

LORBY-SI

So for the aircraft, I'm using Cera Sims 412 and taking off from my location.  Other add-ons are ORBX.  I'll try linking an AI A/C to see if that is any better.

27 minutes ago, Swinden said:

So for the aircraft, I'm using Cera Sims 412 and taking off from my location.  Other add-ons are ORBX.  I'll try linking an AI A/C to see if that is any better.

Are you using a bucket with them?

There seems to be a strange issue in 4.5 with the buckets, where the transparent disk denoting the fill level is created every single pass, which is in turn pulling the FPS down. I will look into that. Stay tuned.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

OK, got it.

If you send me an email with proof of purchase, I will provide a bugfixed version that you can check out. Email address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oliver --

Thanks for the help, while I haven't tested it completely, my initial tests show no drop in FPS.  

Thanks....

I owe you a bier the next time I'm over in Germany.

Matt 

Edited by Swinden

Hello Matt,

many thanks, and cheers! I'll have that beer right now if you don't mind 🙂

I took the opportunity of the bugfix and have added a small new feature. In the next version it will be possible to fly lead for the AI tankers. You can instruct them to follow you, and they will, to the best of their AI capabilities. They will drop retardant automatically and when you release them, they keep working the last fire they dropped on.

Do you want to try that too before I release it?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

23 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Matt,

many thanks, and cheers! I'll have that beer right now if you don't mind 🙂

I took the opportunity of the bugfix and have added a small new feature. In the next version it will be possible to fly lead for the AI tankers. You can instruct them to follow you, and they will, to the best of their AI capabilities. They will drop retardant automatically and when you release them, they keep working the last fire they dropped on.

Do you want to try that too before I release it?

Best regards

Do I want to try it....HELL YES.  So a little bit of my background, I'm a firefighter in Colorado and we use helos and tankers quite extensively for our IA (initial attack) here in the Rockies.  Usually a SEAT and / or a Type 3 helo (Bell 406 size).  So yes I would like to fly Air Attack (Lead Lead plane) in my King Air.