Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

what do you think may be the minimum req for the new sim ?

just by what we can see on this video thats floating around .  what is your opinion on the hardware we may need to run this new sim ???? 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Well seeing how it is all going to be streamed from the cloud, I’d say you could run it with a Raspberry Pi...with the right internet speed 😉

• Like 1

Chris

Probably something spec’d similarly to that next gen XBox.

That’s my only guess at this time.

This is being introduced as a showcase for MS tech alongside the new Scarlett project Xbox at the end of 2020. So just look at that new Xbox specs, and if you can reproduce it on a PC you should be fine. 😉

120 fps at 4k resolution and ray tracing? That's beastly hardware.

My current flight sim rig (see specs below in the sig) couldn't run that monitor resolution at that frame rate with X=Plane. I'm lucky if I get 35-45 fps with enough world eye candy on this 1280p monitor, but then my video card needs upgrading. 

The bottom line, I think... MS is building this new flight sim to show off the new "Scalett" project Xbox, and most of us will need better PC hardware unless you already have a top of the line system. And maybe MUCH faster Internet connections if that scenery is actually built on the fly with streaming.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

This whole scenario has totally put on hold all my PC hardware plans until I know more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

just by what we can see on this video thats floating around .  what is your opinion on the hardware we may need to run this new sim ???? 

Way too early to pose this question.  Truth is, nobody has a clue...

• Like 1

Matt King

If a new engine is being used to develop the new sim, then we should forget about whatever limitations we currently have with the dated ESP engine. It's a totally new game (pun intended).

That means current decent hardware (for instance my 7700k, 1080ti) could run the new sim at reasonable medium to medium-high settings, though if new technologies such as raytracing are introduced and we want to use them, it would take at least a 2070 RTX card or the next AMD cards to have a beautiful looking experience.

This is all just pure speculation on my part, by the way. And despite everything I just wrote, I'm already starting to plan how the hell I'm going to get the money to upgrade my PC to be able to run the new sim at max settings 🤷🏽‍♂️

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

9 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Way too early to pose this question.  Truth is, nobody has a clue...

No, we're not that much in the dark. Look at what MS introduced for the next "Scarlett" Xbox in 2020 at the E3 presentation just now. The new MSFS and the next Halo game are the showcase products to run on that hardware. 

If you have that kind of hardware in a PC, you can probably run it. And that's probably a stronger system than most of us are running right now. Which is fine, as far as I'm concerned. 'Twas ever thus with flight sims, for as long as I've been flying them, starting with wireframe graphics.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

All these replies are actually total thumb sucks, & the question is also irrelevant, as it should be obvious that, as no information as been released, nobody knows.

• Like 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I disagree. 

Parrafin’s post makes a lot of sense on how to think about this. 

Doesn't take much working out, it's being developed primarily for the XBox! And I don't know of any XBox more powerful than a desktop....😜

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Today`s PC, Microsoft know more about PC`s than anyone, and it`s likely they will want a broad spectrum of PC specs on the insider program, the new XBOX is reported to be 4 times more powerful than XBOX ONE todays PC is more powerful than the old XBOX ONE, a game console takes two years at least in planning and production by the time it`s released PC tech has moved on, this is probably why more than 50% of gamers still use desktop PCs, and all the big boys are bringing there own streaming service out.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Well, if it actually is streamed - the hardware would be pretty much what you need to see a streamed 4K movie, wouldn´t it?

As in you could play this game on your smart TV.

Jan