Sign in to follow this  
Jonahbird

Positioning in the pilot's seat

I am having difficulty with this.  When I start into either P3D or XP11 I find myself too far forward in the seat.  This is so whatever aircraft I choose.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Regards

Frank Jones

You have to reset the HMD orientation and possibly also the position in the sim (which is probably set for 2D screen you used before the VR HMD).

In P3D, resetting the HMD orientation is done in the P3D VR meny, same place where you enable it, on the line below.

Resetting the view in P3D is done with ctrl+space. I actually Chase Plane so I don't really know how P3D looks in VR without that installed, so a caveat there.

I don't have xplane so I can't help you there.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Andre.  Please can you translate the acronym - HMD.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi Andre

Ah!  I have it. Head Mounted Display.  Sorry to be so dense.  This VR stuff is new to me. I thought it was about time I tried it.

Regards

Frank Jones

5 minutes ago, Jonahbird said:

Hi Andre

Ah!  I have it. Head Mounted Display.  Sorry to be so dense.  This VR stuff is new to me. I thought it was about time I tried it.

Correct. No problem and no need to apologize.

A few more tips since you are new to it - don't go nuts on your settings - be reasonable even if you have a powerful machine. Use unlimited frames, no vsync, no HD textures and texture res to max 1024, no nvidia inspector, no config tweaks etc. Keep things simple. It seems to work best for VR.The same settings you used for 2D is probably going to be too high for VR.

Edited by andreh

Thanks again Andre.  With your help, I have mastered the seating position in P3D.  The further tips you have given me will be most useful.

I will have to figure out the XP11 positioning. Chase Plane seems like a mallet to crack a walnut, but I may give it a go. 

Regards

Frank Jones

1 hour ago, Jonahbird said:

Chase Plane seems like a mallet to crack a walnut, but I may give it a go.

I had Chaseplane before I had a VR headset so naturally I just contiuned with it. It makes it easier to set up custom views, also in VR.

Edited by andreh