Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

Prop animation option

Guest davidvoogd

Of course I should point out that the simplist solution is to just use the 2D panel lol. I tend to lean towards the 2D panel for several reasons, especially for instrument flight but the VC can be more useful in the circuit or for some VFR flying.

>Hello Fr. Bill.>>>Most "non-pilots" expect to see the "stoboscopic shadow" of>the prop in the sim, because that's what you see on television>and at the movies<>>That is very true. But, I think, I may be wrong, that most of>the people that want the less transparent, darker prop, are>looking at it from outside the aircraft? If my theory is>correct, than MS could fix that, by handling the Outside look>rendering differently?Ah, but MS doesn't need to "fix" anything in that case, as that is fully controllable by the modeler...You see, there are actually TWO separate models compiled into a single .mdl file, and they use entirely isolated parts.To achieve the effect you suggest, it's simply a matter of using more "transparency" in the Material applied to the "VC Prop parts!" ;)On the Liberty XL2, which was just released, the "Spot View Prop" is darker and more evident than the "VC View Prop..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello, Fr. Bill.>You see, there are actually TWO separate models compiled into a single .mdl file, and they use entirely isolated parts.