Sign in to follow this  
Satchmo

X-Plane 11.34 ILS A/P mulfunction on Boeing 737

Hi all, hi Janov, are you still around?

I wasn't around for a while because I lost interest in X-Plane 11.20 a year ago or so. Instead, I changed to Prepar3D v3 and v4; mainly to fly "Jimi's" gorgeous F-18 Hornet. My problem on X-Plane 11.20 was and still is the Auto Pilot ILS-Malfunction with the Default Boeing 737. This thing will not intercept and /or maintain an ILS or Localizer course, nor recognize glide slopes descend.

Initially, I thought it might be a bug (flaw) of the software and hoped for an improvement during an update.I performed the update X-Plane 11.34 this week!! Result = same problem. Did one of you guys experienced something like this with the Default 737?

Right now, I am running two different computers (3 monitors); one with X-Plane 11.20 and the other one with the update 11.34. Both show the same malfunctions. Manually flown (without Auto Pilot), course needle as well as glide slope indicator work perfect.                                                                  Any of your ideas will be appreciated. Best regards, Satchmo.

Hi John_Cillis;

There is no 11.35 update for my machine. The update window tells me:

"X-Plane 11.34r1 (build 113400 64-bit). Your copy of X-Plane is up to date, you have the latest version".

Have you ever experienced the same problem on your 737???

Thank you, Satchmo

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

"X-Plane 11.34r1 (build 113400 64-bit). Your copy of X-Plane is up to date, you have the latest version".

Be sure to check the "check for betas" option on the second or third page of the update program.

John

John Wingold

Why not using ZIBO mod 737-800. It is free and a great airplane. Somewhere on the xplane org

• Like 1

Sorry John, I don't get the offer of a beta-version on any of the pages; and I don't think another update would solve the problem with the Auto Pilot Malfunction.

Jovabra; Thanks for your hint about ZIBO. I do have PMDG 737 loaded on my FSX version which works perfect. The point is that I like to find out why the X-Plane 11 default 737 would not function correctly on Auto Pilot Mode. This is a very basic function on an Airliner and should work also in X-Plane 11. It would already help me a lot, if someone could tell me that it works on their default 737 in X-Plane 11. So I could keep searching with more confidence. Regards, Satchmo                              I

Just took the plane up for a  spin. Thanks for bringing out the ap issue. Just updated, and noticed  the  nosewheel is interconnected to the yoke. Problem fixed. It was the cable to the rudder pedals.

Edited by Paul Deluca

7 hours ago, Satchmo said:

It would already help me a lot, if someone could tell me that it works on their default 737 in X-Plane 11.

If this problem existed for other users I'm sure it would have been reported to Laminar, but I am not aware of any bug reports regarding autopilot/ILS issues.

Hi J Gregory; Thank you for your thoughts. What are you saying sounds almost logical, but we see that other users are not always proving the unknown. Some take the line of least resistance and don't bother looking for the root. Instead they recommend or switch to other, better products. I did it myself a year ago by switching to Prepar3D v3 and v4 because of the frustration about the X-Plane 11 default Boeing 737. I had the same idea. If this is a bug, it will be corrected after some time. Fact is, after the latest updates it's still not working and I still don't know if it is a bug or not.

I have two X-Plane 11 installed on two different high performance computers (multiple monitors); one version X-Plane 11.20, the other X-Plane 11.34r1. On both machines, very simple ILS/LOC interceptions by Auto Pilot are not possible. Coincidence on two machines??

I know a little about flying and know that this bug is not on my side. But I don't know anything about computers and therefore I have to wait until some of our AVSIM members confirm that they have an X-Plane 11 version where ILS approaches can be flown by Auto Pilot. Then I will know, we have no bug.            

Thank you all, for reading my post and I hope some of you may be able to help in trying out the X-Plane 11 default Being 737. Regards, Satchmo

9 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Hi J Gregory; Thank you for your thoughts. What are you saying sounds almost logical, but we see that other users are not always proving the unknown. Some take the line of least resistance and don't bother looking for the root. Instead they recommend or switch to other, better products. I did it myself a year ago by switching to Prepar3D v3 and v4 because of the frustration about the X-Plane 11 default Boeing 737. I had the same idea. If this is a bug, it will be corrected after some time. Fact is, after the latest updates it's still not working and I still don't know if it is a bug or not.

I have two X-Plane 11 installed on two different high performance computers (multiple monitors); one version X-Plane 11.20, the other X-Plane 11.34r1. On both machines, very simple ILS/LOC interceptions by Auto Pilot are not possible. Coincidence on two machines??

I know a little about flying and know that this bug is not on my side. But I don't know anything about computers and therefore I have to wait until some of our AVSIM members confirm that they have an X-Plane 11 version where ILS approaches can be flown by Auto Pilot. Then I will know, we have no bug.            

Thank you all, for reading my post and I hope some of you may be able to help in trying out the X-Plane 11 default Being 737. Regards, Satchmo

Not being able to capture ILS/GS is a pretty big problem.  I can assure you that if it was a bug SOMEONE would have reported it.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:50 AM, JGregory said:

Not being able to capture ILS/GS is a pretty big problem.  I can assure you that if it was a bug SOMEONE would have reported it.

Yes Sir; I appreciate your confidence because I know now that you are right and I was wrong. I apologize for the trouble I caused. I had the chance to test some more flights on a friends PC loaded with X-Plane 11.34. Default Boeing 737 of X-Plane 11.34 worked perfect on numerous airport in CA,PA and NY.                         Again, sorry for the trouble. We called it "finger trouble". I think I owe AVSIM a donation. Regards, Satchmo