Sign in to follow this  
Jedi928

WX Advantage Radar 2 entry in P3D4.5 Add-ons Menu?

Hello,

When i load the Falcon 50 since i have updated WX Advantage Radar for P3D4.5, in P3D Add-ons menu why is there is 2 entry:

1) Weather radar module version info Rex Wx version 1.44.1

2) Weather radar version info Rex Wx version 1.40.45

In my P3DV4 module folder i have only one MV_WXM.dll version 1.44.1 so why i have two entry?

I think the second one is the old version, how to remove this entry in my P3D Add-ons menu?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Edited by Jedi928

Jérôme Dietsch

26 minutes ago, Jedi928 said:

Hello,

When i load the Falcon 50 since i have updated WX Advantage Radar for P3D4.5, in P3D Add-ons menu why is there is 2 entry:

1) Weather radar module version info Rex Wx version 1.44.1

2) Weather radar version info Rex Wx version 1.40.45

I think the second one is the old version, how to remove this entry in my P3D Add-ons menu?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

I show the same thing, and for more than just one aircraft. My first thought was maybe I have multiple versions of the WX radar installed, but when I look in the Win10 Control Panel, Program and Features, I only see one installed version of the WX Radar .

What is your concern, are you having a problem with the WX Radar working correctly? If so, you may want to ask about this on the REX WX Radar Forum at

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/179-milviz-rex-wx-advantage-radar/

Al

We are in the same case, i have no problem it works correctly but 2 entry doesn't seem normal so i have posted like you on the REX WX Radar Forum!

Thanks for your answer wait and see their answer...

Jérôme Dietsch

I asked this question on on previous version and was told "Normal behaviour. The module only does something if the developer uses the API. Otherwise it just occupies RAM, waiting for instructions." 

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49785-flysimware-lj35a-and-wx-radar-solved/&tab=comments#comment-311044

Curious if anything has changed  . . .

Joe Lorenc

9 hours ago, Joe L said:

I asked this question on on previous version and was told "Normal behaviour.

Yes, apparently so. Regarding the two MV_WXM entries in the sim Add-ons drop down menu, REX support just posted that " One in the Sim Modules folder is the dll for the sim version compatibility  and the other is for the aircraft folder ".

However, I don't have any of MV_WXM dlls in my aircraft folders so not sure what they are for.

Al

Check in the panel folder of the aircraft in question. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, odourboy said:

Check in the panel folder of the aircraft in question. 

I had checked the main folder and panel folder for four FSW aircraft -- no MV_WXM dlls.

Al

There is only one MV_WXM.dll version 1.44.0.1 in Prepar3D v4\modules folder for my part an nothing  in my Flacon 50 aircraft folders.

Jérôme Dietsch

The other dll might be MV_WX.dll which is in the MilViz AC panel folders and the main gauges folder for me.

Joe Lorenc

30 minutes ago, Joe L said:

The other dll might be MV_WX.dll which is in the MilViz AC panel folders and the main gauges folder for me.

Yes, I think you may have solved the puzzle. I have a MV_WX.dll in my P3D gauges folder and it has a version # that 'almost' matches what I see in the Add-ons drop down list. The drop down list version # is 1.40.45 and the dll in the gauges folder has a version # 1.40.0.45. I don't know if that 'extra' 0 is a significant. And of course this dll has a slightly different name than the other REX WX dll.  I don't have any Milviz aircraft in P3D so can't check for that dll in the panel folder.

Thanks,

Al

Just to bring closure to this topic, I asked REX Support:

"Are there actually two different dlls involved here -- once called MV_WXM.dll (in the modules folder) and one called MV_WX.dll (in the sim gauges folder)?"

and REX support said:

"Yes, the one in the modules folder (Program Sim Compatability) allows the WX Radar to work with the Sim version and the one in gauges folder is the actual WX Radar...  "

Al

On 6/19/2019 at 2:06 PM, ark said:

Just to bring closure to this topic, I asked REX Support:

"Are there actually two different dlls involved here -- once called MV_WXM.dll (in the modules folder) and one called MV_WX.dll (in the sim gauges folder)?"

and REX support said:

"Yes, the one in the modules folder (Program Sim Compatability) allows the WX Radar to work with the Sim version and the one in gauges folder is the actual WX Radar...  "

Al

That's odd. Yes the locations are correct. I removed the MV_WXM.dll file from the modules folder as an experiment. The extra radar entry in the add-ons menu item is now gone and the radar works just the same without it. In fact, it works better. When the module is active, the whole sim gradually slows down over time. The longer the flight, the more stutter I get. When I removed MV_WXM.Dll, that went away yet the radar still works as it did with it. Sounds like REX isn't being entirely honest.

Edited by bnesbitt0