Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

ATR-72 on the way

As many have predicted Carenado now have an ATR-72 on the way. From the screenshots on their Facebook page, it looks to be in a fairly advanced stage of development, although, given that it’s a series 500, it is probably a relatively easy project and I suspect most of it has probably been ported over from their ATR-42.

https://www.facebook.com/129839447092878/posts/2261172267292908?s=100005288680873&sfns=mo

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Excellent news!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It will only be good news if there has been some serious thought given to a full FMS/FMC...the pathetic flight computer in the ATR 42 is an embarrassment for such a fine company to produce.  Also a good setup will make what is a highly saleable aircraft even more attractive.  I can survive just without fuel and loading functionality, but to have to put the F1GTN 750 in at the customers expense, then learn how to use it, really pushes the overall effort up.  Carenado, the ATR 42 model is a good one, but finish the 72- off properly and you will really find the full market.

Am not sure whether to put money on this especially experiencing carenado's Fokker 50 last year.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:07 PM, Ian McPhail said:

It will only be good news if there has been some serious thought given to a full FMS/FMC...the pathetic flight computer in the ATR 42 is an embarrassment for such a fine company to produce.  Also a good setup will make what is a highly saleable aircraft even more attractive.  I can survive just without fuel and loading functionality, but to have to put the F1GTN 750 in at the customers expense, then learn how to use it, really pushes the overall effort up.  Carenado, the ATR 42 model is a good one, but finish the 72- off properly and you will really find the full market.

+ a GTN or similar to install is absolutely not realistic. It's a pity that they don't give their aircraft good systems. I stay away from such add-ons.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, Ian McPhail said:

It will only be good news if there has been some serious thought given to a full FMS/FMC..

Carenado, as far as I am aware, haven’t yet managed to replicate a fully functional FMC on any of their aircraft and I doubt if we will see one on the ATR-72 either.

I guess they have found that their recipe of combining amazing eye candy with somewhat mediocre systems still brings in the sales without having to go to the trouble of developing an FMC that replicates real world operations. Perhaps they feel that the additional sales that a good FMC would bring in would simply not be worth the effort - who knows?

Bill

Yes, and a very good flight model and visuals reduced to not much because of the FMC.  We like to fly an aircraft in a roughly similar regime to the real thing, and once again Carenado disappoints.

I did purchase this aircraft. Not real happy! 

In order to import flightplans from ANY flightplanner you MUST buy and install the GTN 750. So an extra $50 to get a regional airliner to function the way a regional airliner should. So Purchased the Majestic DH-8-Q400. Full intergration with SimBrief, ProATC-X and GSX. Fully working FMC to boot!

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB