Sign in to follow this  
SP2472

Wow, why is Aerosoft so hostile?

Asking a simple question to Aerosoft (below) and this is what I got...

Several of Aerosoft's great "German Airports" have gone missing for many years. No releases of a Prepar3d v4+ version of Munich and or Dusseldorf in the Professional series?

I know there is a Munich by Taxi2Gate version but it's old and the developer is a complete mystery!

Great to know there is a new Zurich in development. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From one of their developers (name removed)

"Yes Munich and Duesseldorf are missing, but what's about Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Friedrichhafen, Hamburg, Dortmund? Yes, development is not done in Minutes, and sometimes it's takes longer, much longer, because there are humans behind.

And Zuerich has nothing to do with German Airports and is also only "in development" 😉 "

Edited by SP2472

I'm not seeing "Hostile" as such. There is a distinct language difference in most of Europe and the U.S. and many times what someone tries to say in one language does not translate will to the other. Either they will produce the airports or they won't. My best bet would be to be patient. In the meantime search for alternatives.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Agreed. That doesn’t seem hostile to me. Maybe a lost in translation issue like mentioned above.

• Upvote 2

Orman

Oliver's native language is German. When I translate what he said in English into German then he was just being sarcastic.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

That doesn't seem hostile at all in my opinion. I have seen some developers which I will not name be much much worse. On a positive note, I think appreciating the reply should be noted. Them taking the time to answers questions as such should be a positive thing, many developers get tied up with support that they don't have Alot of time to answers questions unless they have employees specifically for that.

I know this community can be somewhat toxic and hostile at times, but try to think on the more positive side of things.

Kindly,

Tyler

• Like 1

Tyler Sexton

Nothing hostile here. The German way of communicating is much more direct and to the point. So no nice words to make you feel better or reasurred, just facts.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Looks like a perfectly acceptable answer to me ?

You have to tune down your sensitivity potentiometer :-)

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Nothing hostile here. The German way of communicating is much more direct and to the point. So no nice words to make you feel better or reasurred, just facts.

The German way is a real breath of fresh air. In today's world, it is much appreciated.

Bill W

• Like 2

I don’t see the problem, it’s direct and straight to the point which is very common in Germany and other European countries like The Netherlands. We don’t need a full page to write down our feelings/opinion. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OP is a delicate soul. Be careful in the real world its a jungle out there !

ZORAN

1 hour ago, zmak said:

OP is a delicate soul. Be careful in the real world its a jungle out there !

... and the trolls arrive.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I think it's time, now, to stop bashing the OP about his post!  I would think he has realized his mistake.  I don't know how much more helpful this topic will be, but I will not close it for now.

Happy P.O.E.T.S. day!:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Happy P.O.E.T.S. day!

I had to look that one up Charlie!  Loved it!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.