Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Blacklisted Airlines

The French civil aviation authority (DGAC) and the Belgian Transport Ministry have published separate blacklists of airlines banned from their territory on safety grounds. French list:Air Koryo, North KoreaAir Saint-Thomas, US Virgin IslandsInternational Air Service, LiberiaAir Mozambique (LAM), including its subsidiary Transairways Phuket Airlines, Thailand Belgian list:Africa Lines, Central African RepublicAir Memphis, EgyptAir Van Airlines, ArmeniaCentral Air Express, Democratic Republic of CongoICTTPW, LibyaInternational Air Tours Ltd., NigeriaJohnsons Air Ltd., GhanaSilverback Cargo Freighters, RwandaSouth Airlines, Ukrainehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4194084.stm

That's a good first step.I'll hold back my second comment, however.My third comment is, how do you pronounce the last airline on the French list (The one from Thailand). lolJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Foo (like in fool)Ket (like in kettle)FooKet

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Nothing personal - but after the tsunami I though everyone in the world knew how to pronounce that name - we certainly heard it about a million times a day on the news!!!BTW these list may have nothing to do with how the airline operates, it's safety procedures or lack thereof. In some cases that may be true, in other's it's a paperwork drill.Every country has lists of airlines which have not complied with regulatory and reporting requirements. Those airlines are not allowed to fly into the host country.

Following up my previous post, the UK and Switzerland banned some airlines earlier this year.UK:Star Air (Sierra Leone) Air Universal (Sierra Leone) Cameroon Airlines Albanian Airlines Central Air Express (DR Congo)Switzerland:Silk Way (Azerbaijan/Belgium) Flash Airlines (Egypt) Hemus Air (Bulgaria) Jr Executive (Lebanon/USA) Premium Air Shuttle (Nigeria) Dniproavia (Ukraine) GIR Jet (Spain)It was quite unusual for these lists to be made public. Apparently there's an international "gentleman's agreement" to keep aviation blacklists confidential.

Sorry Reggie, apparently you folks in Addision, Texas are more cultured than I. :)Jeff

Jeff

Guest Paul Heaney

Anything is possible, with the guy that didn't know that the seasons are reversed, south of the equator :)

Good one Paul.Jeff

Jeff